Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

US Spec ST Rain Sensing Wipers?

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Just saw a vid on the tube from the UK reviewing their ST spec and they have rain sensing wiper. Do we get that option also cause I have not heard anything on that subject.

Had rain sensing wipers on my Mazda 3 Never could figure out what triggered them and so many times went to manual control. I did like the feature of matching wiper speed with rain intensity. That was nice. Don't think it is available on the Titanium Fiesta or Focus.

I haven't noticed anything automatic about my wipers. The lights are auto, if you have them turned all the way to the right.

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
i noticed my rear wiper coming on a few times without me hitting the switch, unless im going crazy...

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
The rear comes on when in reverse and the front wipers are on .. anything more is a "hidden FEATURE" lol
sweet. i noticed it come on and then as i was driving it would never turn on to clean itself. i thought i was nuts

T

takuarc

Euro spec came with them. They are not very sensitive though. Will wipe once in a while if lucky. My windscreen can be covered in drops and it would do jack...
By the way, you need to flip the wiper control up one level to set it on auto. Don't count on it though...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Bumping up an old thread, but has anyone test out or confirmed the rain sensor yet? I see that we do have it on the Fiesta ST, I think its the little box located to the right of the rear view mirror.

Bumping up an old thread, but has anyone test out or confirmed the rain sensor yet? I see that we do have it on the Fiesta ST, I think its the little box located to the right of the rear view mirror.
Wow, great info! I never noticed.

How do you turn on the auto feature? I know there are no ''auto'' option on the wiper stalk.

I'll look into it once I dig my car out of the snow.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Wow, great info! I never noticed.

How do you turn on the auto feature? I know there are no ''auto'' option on the wiper stalk.

I'll look into it once I dig my car out of the snow.
Well I stopped by my dealer during lunch today to show them the air leaking noise from the moonroof. I decided to point out the sensor to the service consultant and was told its part of vehicle's compass system and not the rain sensor. He added that we do not have the automatic wipers on our cars.[bawling]

Oh well, good to know. I would have be nice to have an extra feature but otherwise, I can live without it.

[lovest]

Good to know MK. I looked at that little box in the Fiesta and in my other cars with rain sensors there is no screening over the sensor and you can see what looks like a little lens through the windshield.
The feature works well on my German cars but it failed on the Yukon XL and the part was going to cost something like $300 for this little gel filled lens. I disconnected it and will have to struggle on using my wipers the old fashioned way.[:(]

sweet. i noticed it come on and then as i was driving it would never turn on to clean itself. i thought i was nuts
I was wondering this too, and could not figure out why every time I pull out of my driveway with the wipers on, and in reverse I look in the rear view mirror to see my rear wiper on, Lol. I have been thinking I was hitting something every time I put the wipers on, or I was going crazy too, Lol. It's good to know how it works.
Thanks

XuperXero

I have it on my car. Learning from this feature from my previous BMW. It's not worth it as it's an annoying feature.

The sensor is the size of a pencil head, the only time the wipers wipe is when a drop of rain hits the sensor. So when it's misty, it might start wiping full speed. And sometimes in shear luck... heavy rain and not a single wipe.

The settings to turn on and off the auto wiper is in the Sync > Vehicle settings. ONLY if you are equipped this function.