Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

My new baby! Brought home 9/3/2013

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
If the company is based in Japan, it is Japanese, it doesn't matter where it is built...
1 more little point, how many jobs do these large euro or japanese co. provide for americans/canadians,? if they upped and left town where would they all work? the commute to ford mexico plant is a long one.just something to ponder, where the co. resides dont matter, so long as we are able to provide for our families, we still pump the money we get from these jobs into the economy. and that is a good thing.

sorry off topic a bit.

uhhh nice seats...[^]

American auto manufacturers are starting to smarten up, it's shear ignorance to buy a product only made in a particular country, how about buying the best made, or highest quality? Only until Ford started to bringing the European cars did things start to become better. Looks like Ford finally learned.

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
how about buying the best made, or highest quality? Only until Ford started to bringing the European cars did things start to become better. Looks like Ford finally learned.
yep, thats what i say. i just buy the best i can with the money i got. and last 3 were fords, most previous were imports and i loved all of them differently.

i dont think it was ignorance though, they knew they were producing crappier vehicles and selling at premium price, but people were buying them so why change, once they felt the bite in the wallet did they started to change their tune.

STooge

I like the black, but the others on here with the white are swaying me. Cannot wait to get mine. Should be here Christmas week, hopefully. Green Envy, with Moonroof

OP
C
Thread Starter #26
Did you know that you can't set the cruise above 110mph! [bawling] Also, a new personal record 137mph. Was in a straight-away, decided to try for 140mph, started gaining on a vehicle ahead of me too fast for my liking...[chair]

STooge

I would imagine if it is anything like the SVT i think 5th might touch it. This was on a closed course right?

OP
C
Thread Starter #30
Of course! Future build plans are relatively modest. Intercooler, intake, exhaust, and top it all off with a tune. Should get the car right where I want it. Hopefully, these mods won't require changes in the fuel delivery. I don't like messing with jets/nozzels, and such. Generally, once you start getting to that point, the mileage goes right out the window. Will be slow-going though. 3 damn sons, eating me out of house and home! -.-

OP
C
Thread Starter #31
I miss my '04 SVT Focus. If I wouldn't have totalled it, I'd still be in her, today! Late-night driving home, big ass dog decides to cross the road. I ended up in the woods...[sad]

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
I miss my '04 SVT Focus. If I wouldn't have totalled it, I'd still be in her, today! Late-night driving home, big ass dog decides to cross the road. I ended up in the woods...[sad]
Sorry to hear about the Focus, I didn't know you had one too. I had a 2000 Focus which we gave up for the Fiesta because my wife wanted a 4 door. The ST is a good replacement but I still miss my old Focus everyday.