Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford Fiesta ST Replacing Remote Battery

Lol, yeah that would suck. No, I just got a message on my Sync screen stating the battery was low.

Lol, yeah that would suck. No, I just got a message on my Sync screen stating the battery was low.
Just got the same message. Did a quick search and it brought me straight to this thread. Must be time for the 2014's to change their batteries!

I recommend extra caution on step 4. I broke one of the little buttons that you press and hold to release the back cover. [bawling]

Ok I’m pretty pissed right now.

My 1.5 year old car showed the low battery for key warning this morning in my way to work for the first time. By the time I got out of work it was dead. Which to me is a ridiculously short window to get a new battery. I guess I’ll be keeping one in the car.

Then my next real issue is now that I have replaced the battery it still doesn’t work.

Does it need to be resynched or something?

Zormecteon

Should NOT need to be resynched... There is something else going on with your remote. Did you somehow soak it in water? How old was then "new" battery? .. I now know that if the fob is dead, you can place it against the steering column where the key WOULD go and the car should start. ...

I was having problems with one of my remotes after running it through the wash for the second time, and now keep a spare battery in the glove box along with an instrument screw driver for prying open the remote. (I have since obtained another remote, since the washed one will only keep a battery for 2 weeks). ...

No my fob has been no where near water, I even have a protective sleeve over my fobs.

The new battery is a few months old as they’re the same batteries my bicycle lights use. They’re Sony batteie s and expire in 2024 I have a sleeve of them and tried more than one.