Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hello from New Mexico

Just bought my Ingot Silver Fiesta St this past Sat, drove it Sat and most of Sun when my check engine light came on (FML)[?|] the Turbo was shutting off on me and had stopped working all together. Took it in yesterday, turns out the Solenoid on the turbo waste gate was faulty, should get my baby back today[biggrin]. Apart from that I'm loving my new car, a little curious how it will handle the snow with the low profire summer treads on[confused], but it could make things interesting.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Welcome and wow glad it was a ez fix.. Those summer tires will not like the snow at all best get some all season at least and snow tires at best for winter ice and snow travel it will save you a lot of heart ache if you don't put it in the ditch cuz its slippery.. These Stock summer tires are good to about 40 degF then they start getting hard and slippery on dry roads I hate to think what they would be like in Ice and snow...

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Welcome, I'm only one State away from you in AZ. Hopefully the solenoid is a rare problem.

Welcome! I agree with rodmoe on the tires, better to have a cheap set of all seasons than a trip down the ditch.

OP
N
Thread Starter #6
They told me the Solenoid was broken somehow and not likely to be a reccuring problem, that's good news at least. Running like a champ now.

Gonna look into some all seasons, don't get a lot of snow here but more than enough to warrant the purchase.

Thanks for the welcomes!

welcome! i'm still with my summer tires and it works okay considering im in toronto way north of you. i wouldn't drive in anything more than a couple cm of snow but if it's wet or dry and cold it's not a problem really, just got to take it easy.

oh that engine light scares me because with my last fiesta ('11 SE) it kept coming on and it was driving me nuts because they couldn't figure out the problem, and then my warranty ran out...