Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Official Fiesta ST Ordered Thread

That's not right, especially when a dealership gives you a date and will give you the info as soon as they know. If you take it upon yourself to be impatient and try to find details before the date the dealer has given you, especially if no information has been given to them from the manufacturer, blaming the dealership for not doing their job, that's ignorant. My dealership said to call them weekly, if I don't hear from them, I know they want me to recieve the delivery, I can look all I want to find out where my car is, but until it's at the dealer, it won't make it arrive any sooner, especially by being impatient and blaming others. If the issue is not about wait time and they are giving you the run around, go to another dealership.
I'm not sure who you were replying to because you didn't quote the post. But my dealer told me 6-8 weeks. When in fact, after some research on the internet, the time-frame is 10-12 weeks from order date. that's a full month difference, not cool. Like Lessard said, it would be very simple and common courtesy to provide the customer with updated and accurate information as soon as it becomes available. Why should a customer call 15 times and still no call back? Why should the customer have to go to the dealer to get Dealer Code from a window sticker? This is not right and that dealer should get publicly shamed. That's just my opinion. Buying a car is a HUGE investment, not some $1000 TV or entertainment system.

Just talked to Ford, my vehicle is currently in transit and my ETA is the 21st [rockon]

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Just talked to Ford, my vehicle is currently in transit and my ETA is the 21st [rockon]
Nice, its going to be a very long two weeks lol. What color did you get?

What do u mean u talked with ford? U mean ur dealer? I want to know when mine will be here. I was told 2 weeks by the dealer but since i didnt order it am getting one from the dealer.

Ok, so going in reverse order, by talking to Ford I mean I talked to Ford. I called their 1800 number and talked to a customer services rep and asked about my order status. Secondly I ordered on July 10th, got my VIN August 15th and window sticker the 23rd and my car was built September 3rd. Thirdly I got tuxedo black and two weeks is nothing compared to the 8 I have already been waiting, plus its not quite two weeks. If it shows up on time thats only 11 days from now. [^]

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Weeee Got a note from Meagan at Fordservice my car was built and has a ETA (subject to change) 10/11/13 Well golly gee that's only a month away I better get ready .... Now to go pester my dealer for a rail car number so I can track it ....

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Weeee Got a note from Meagan at Fordservice my car was built and has a ETA (subject to change) 10/11/13 Well golly gee that's only a month away I better get ready .... Now to go pester my dealer for a rail car number so I can track it ....
Rod, did you get a nav with your PB FiST? Trying to figure out whats taking mine so long.

Woah! That's strange, 1 month to transport? Where are you, in Alaska?

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
LOL almost seems like it last time it took 2 or 3 weeks to get my GT from Flat Rock (Detroit area) to the Twin Cities and then off load it and truck it back to central Wisconsin .. Not sure about transit time but I have seen cars sit at the ramp awaiting to be loaded onto a car. Ive also seem where the est is off both ways and the car shows up early.. as well as later.. Then there was the time someone's car was in a train crash (in transit in the rail car yet) and he never got it had to order a new one so a few weeks ain't much LOL

LOL almost seems like it last time it took 2 or 3 weeks to get my GT from Flat Rock (Detroit area) to the Twin Cities and then off load it and truck it back to central Wisconsin .. Not sure about transit time but I have seen cars sit at the ramp awaiting to be loaded onto a car. Ive also seem where the est is off both ways and the car shows up early.. as well as later.. Then there was the time someone's car was in a train crash (in transit in the rail car yet) and he never got it had to order a new one so a few weeks ain't much LOL
well i guess your car is sitting in mexico for 3 1/2 weeks then... [shameful]

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
well parts of it have been in mexico longer than that[rofl] but unless they express send it I'm not sure how it could wind it way any faster as I'm sure the train must drop off cars elsewhere as well as switching railroads and crews.. not a big deal to them as it is to me... BUt at least I have another date to wait on ...