Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST short shifter

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Anyone know if Ford Racing Performance or any company plan to release a short shifter for the Fiesta ST?

OP
rooSTer

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
Thanks, I guess I'll wait for FRPP to release something.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thanks, I guess I'll wait for FRPP to release something.
looking for a complete shifter assembly then ? i'm kinda jones'n for one too but will get the car first and see what around then.. who knows maybe Steeda or some other name will jump on the FiST bandwagon it is early yet and I hold a lot of hope for SEMA since at the end of the SEMA show last year it was said Ford will be showcasing the Transit Van and the Fiesta for 2013.... its just a internet rumor so take it for what its worth but Nov. isn't too far away ;)

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
I agree and most likely we'll be seeing a lot of Fiesta ST parts being release at SEMA.

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
how can there be parts for non existent cars? im gonna have upgrades before i have the car

OP
rooSTer

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
thanks for the video, thats what I needed

From the video, the shift doesn't seem to be any shorter than the stock ST. It's pretty short, as it is. Not sure if it's an upgrade that's really needed.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Agreed, the stock shifter throws to me seems fairly short already. Your money is better suited towards other add-ons.

I personally think the shifting action of ST is great and that it would be a waste of money to install a short shifter unless you are planning on rally racing, I love the shift action of my ST.

Hey guys. Thought I'd drop a post in here. I'm actually the guy in that YouTube video haha.

It is indeed a much shorter shift now compared to stock, and I mean much. I thought the stock shift was too long. Quite a bit too long to be honest. I really prefer short, tight, mechanical shifts.

I posted up another vid after one that shows the kit with a TWM M1 Abrams gearknob on. The shift is now amazing. I am wishing it as even shorter now though haha.

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
Hey guys. Thought I'd drop a post in here. I'm actually the guy in that YouTube video haha.

It is indeed a much shorter shift now compared to stock, and I mean much. I thought the stock shift was too long. Quite a bit too long to be honest. I really prefer short, tight, mechanical shifts.

I posted up another vid after one that shows the kit with a TWM M1 Abrams gearknob on. The shift is now amazing. I am wishing it as even shorter now though haha.
Nice, and welcome to the forum.[welcome]
also wicked nice shifter

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
no its only a 5 speed. Ford Racing sells the Mountune short shifter for Fiesta ST.

http://fordperformanceracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=24355

In the ford racing site search for Fiesta instead of clicking on Fiesta. You will get way more. Do not search for Fiesta ST as you will also get the Focus ST stuff. Easier to sort out the Fiesta from Fiesta ST when searching just for Fiesta.