Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The Dumbest thing you have ever done in a Motor Car

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Feel free to incriminate yourself. Not interested in any sexual encounters, thanks.
I'll start it off.
I have done plenty of dumb things but the one that stands out was dragging a unmarked police car off at a set of traffic lights.
It was a dual lane road that merge into one just before a bridge that crossed a lake. The best part was that I won, he he.
Once I was across the bridge, the cop put his flashing lights on and pulled me over. Luckily, he didn't book me for some unknown reason and just gave me a stern lecture. Not sure what division this guy was in but it obviously was not Highway patrol cause those guys would book their own granny.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Going off roading in the family minivan and getting stuck in the middle of no where. We then had to hike almost 10 miles to the nearest house to call for a tow truck. Ended up ruining the oil pan so we had to tow it all the way home. $500 lesson learned lol.

STooge

Haha those are awesome stories.

Mine was dragging state street here in SLC with a cummins by side at a little over 90 mph. Not crazy fast until you see the street. Best part was my girl friend was with me. Straight piped cummins blowing unknown decibels of sound into our ears. She was screaming with her hands over her face. Hahaha. Good times.

Harvick

1000 Post Club
I tried to use my old Nissan 240sx to push a friends Chevy S10 that broke down in the middle of the highway. Not only did I not have enough power to push his car but I also cracked my front bumper in the process. [?|]

Years ago, when I really didn't know what the hell I was doing, I bought a cheap CAI off Ebay. When installing it, the cone-type filter wouldn't fit over the MAF housing. So, I decided that I didn't need that part, then. After I installed the CAI, I went to take it for a test drive. Fired her up, purred like a kitten. Put it in drive, and idled around the apartments, great! Stomped on the gas....shit starts getting real. That was my lesson. A MAF and IAT sensor are required in a '99 Focus... ;)

I've lost my license speeding several years ago. The worst is that I was a hotel valet at the time, so I couldn't even work anymore.

I was so dumb.

I still get a reminder every year on my driver record, it's there for 10 years.

Was doing donuts in my friends Chevette on a frozen snow covered parking lot, we saw large snow drift from where the plows had pushed all the snow and decided it would be fun to drive right at it and pull the hand brake, didn;t see the car burried under all the snow and plowed right in the the snow drift and right into the buried car. Damaged the front left bumper and quarter panel on my friends car and caved in the drivers door and window of the car I hit. I have no idea what kind of car we hit as we took off like a bat out of hell. Last time I ever tried that again!

When I was 16 I was screwing around in an empty parking lot one night in an old Celica. We were shooting across the lot seeing how fast we could go and do handbrake shenanigans. Little did I know that for some reason there was one of those little concrete blocks that they sometimes put at the end of parking spots in one spot only on an otherwise clear lot. Hit it square on at about 50 mph instantly popping both fronts and tearing up the entire suspension. Young and dumb.

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
baha some funny stories.

When I was in high school my friends and I were hanging out in the parking lot and as I was driving off, one of my friends decided he wanted to hoof surf on my car. I had a beater at the time so I didn't care, so I drove around the parking lot at slow speeds making quick swerves to get him to slide off...when that didn't work I slammed on the brakes real hard. I didn't realize that my best friend who was sitting in the passenger seat didn't have his seat belt on so he did a face plant into the dash toring up his lower lip and requiring several stiches. Needless to say he was pissed off at me for many months becuase it was right before senoir prom. To this day we still talk about it.

Welcome to one upmanshipsville...top this boys...coming back from a night of fun in me pappie's Saab 9000 turbo...god rest in peace....i saw a cop travelling in the opposite direction on a 4 lane divided roadway as I happily traveling at a cool 130 mph...saw him turn his lights on way in back of me in the rearview...and I thought it would be a great idea to turn the headlights off to trick him into thinking I was way gone...oops..turn the lights on and guess what I see...the dreaded yellow line...swift correction and now I am going backwards with the Jersey barrier to my right...a quick flick of the wheel to get her going straight....oops...double 360's ass end into the guard rail...another spin, push the clutch in and restart Dad's baby...going straight again but now with a terrible noise coming from the rear end...grinding horrible I am in big trouble noises...make it near my buddies house and..........abandon said car.....tell Dad it was stolen and you can imagine the rest....omg

TheStig

17 years old. In my 94 chevy extended cab 4x4 truck. Had me and 4 girls in it with me, dont ask me how or why they got in there, im still unclear to this day as to how that happened. We were out in the desert on a backroad, saw a nice hill to climb up in the truck directly off the road and like a show off (and an idiot) i pulled up to it. Dropped her into four low and tried to crawl up it, ill be damned if it didnt high center as soon as i got to the top. It then proceeded to spin and spin until it was burried. This was about 1am on a friday night so what did i do...

Called my dad, he was kind enough to come out in his diesel truck and pull me out. I saved face a little with the ladies but dang that was embarrassing.

99% of my stupidity happened on a skateboard or a quad. I rarely do anything stupid in a car, rather not risk myself AND others.

C. love

Have done 165 on a back road in a turbo supra, 140 in my mustang

when i was 18 I jumped a car over a fishing dock into a frozen creek--sucked and was cold

I also learned how to do this in the middle of night on mt. road that when you ******* up will have your car looking like this : oh both of these cars were mine and I crashed the white one sold the green one. I have had to "mature" as I got a real job now lol

[video=youtube;kPEReeQw8JM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPEReeQw8JM[/video]

Flipped and rolled that bugger-no injuries got a new shell to replace in a few days

So yeah Im a ************* or was I guess

Perry

Hopefully there is no "new" stupid and only memories of stupid[drinking]
Oh, I think there's always gonna be new stupid. They'll never stop making idiots, and one should never underestimate the ingenuity of idiots in expanding the bounds of the specialty.

Oh, I think there's always gonna be new stupid. They'll never stop making idiots, and one should never underestimate the ingenuity of idiots in expanding the bounds of the specialty.
I was being hopefull about members of this forum....but I hear you and there is no doubt that stupid will ever be conquered [burnout]