Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Superchips Bluefin Remap?

Hey all. Superchips does a Bluefin product for the fiesta ST now that claims 217hp and 363Nm of Torque :O
The most impressive gain is in low down torque though haha look at this torque curve of before and after.

http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/saved/Pumaspeed_ford_fiesta_st180_bluefin_superchips_power_graph0.jpg

What do you guys recon? Does it seem reasonable? I would love that sort of torque at 2000rpm :p haha would be amazing.

Thanks, Jack

OP
J
Thread Starter #5
I have only ever heard good things about mountune but as far as I am aware thats a permenent remap isnt it? Cant you take off and re-install bluefin ones? And thanks :) its good to be here :)
Thanks for the help,
Jack

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Most reflash devices can be be reverted back to the stock tune.

Yeah I've got the Bluefin. It's all this little car needs, trust me. Any more power than this and it's asking for an accident to happen. Post tune, there is plenty of wheelspin and quite a bit of torque steer. Think Focus ST torque steer and you'll know exactly how much is present now, if not more than the Focus. It'll pull left to right quite a bit, and if you don't have your hands on the wheel, you're bound to hit something.

Trust me, it's that noticeable. But makes you feel like you're driving and in control, which is what it should be like.

OP
J
Thread Starter #9
Haha wow lol. Yeahh im okay with that tbf sounds brilliant. Did it affect ur mpg much?

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Not making any desicions yet on whos tune and hardware to buy. Tuning for this car is premature. Waiting for Cobb and FSwerks who are very credible in the tuning world.

OP
J
Thread Starter #12
Haha doesn't look like im going to bother now anyway. Decided to get a laptop instead haha. Thats not going to cost me in worn tyres, clutch, brakes, or any possible damage from dodgy remaps haha :p

I don't know to be honest. I don't really pay attention to the mpg. I just drive :)

If you're in the US, Cobb already has a tune available. It doesn't work for us, as we have a different ECU.

As for credibility, I'm not sure what you mean. Bluefin has been around for a heck of a long time, and have very credible tunes. I also would not say tuning is premature for this car. Both Mountune and Bluefin have been around for a while on the FiST.

There's only so much you can do this engine. You're not going to find any other tuners coming out with something revolutionary or superior to anything already available.

STooge

Good points ConST, it is easy for us in the US to forget about the fact that this car has been out a year or more in this version alone elsewhere in the world. For us, its all new.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D For Sale 15
F Performance Tuning 13