Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

They're coming!!!

I will be taking my first FiST test drive Jan 18 at 2pm. I was going to buy without a test drive but I then realized waiting to buy until spring isn't such a bad idea considering a wheel and winter tire purchase straight away was exorbitant. So with a 8 to 12 week wait for a build isn't so bad knowing my FiST will be without one New England winter salt bath. It would be nice if folks in the great white north will be offered some deal with a winter package. We can only hope. Anyway I see the North East is devoid of any members posting. I hope that changes soon! Days are getting longer due to the Earth's axis as we rotate around the sun. This means that Spring is coming! Keep the Faith New Englanders....every little thing will be alright. Let the Hooning begin! [wave]

OP
RDgolfer
Thread Starter #2
Skunked by FoMoCo....the FiST's haven't arrived yet.....no test drive yesterday...but it was raining and snowing and 38 degrees...I'll wait for better conditions

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Have you tracked it by rail? Where is it at now?

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Salt is good if used in moderation .. not so much on a car in winter though :)

Yes ask your dealer for a rail car number and maybe we can find it for you ... :) or maybe not if its on a truck enroute

OP
RDgolfer
Thread Starter #5
Was only test driving so I am not really concerned with tracking the car...now have to wait even longer to drive the FiST since 4-8 inches is coming tomorrow...bummer....Spring can't come soon enough

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Was only test driving so I am not really concerned with tracking the car...now have to wait even longer to drive the FiST since 4-8 inches is coming tomorrow...bummer....Spring can't come soon enough
Ok on the tracking keep us in mind should you need help always willing to help find a railcar :) or at least try..
Yes i am so tired of snow and cold and the slop that goes along with it ;)

OP
RDgolfer
Thread Starter #7
I concur....yet when the green starts coming and the birds are chirping and the sun is shining, I will say "eh, winter wasn't that bad" lol

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I concur....yet when the green starts coming and the birds are chirping and the sun is shining, I will say "eh, winter wasn't that bad" lol
Heck i will be happy with the dim brown of no snow and a few chip monks filling my tool chest with crap again ... Oh wait that's Fall when they fill my tool drawers with acorns !!

OP
RDgolfer
Thread Starter #9
Lol...Well good things come to those who wait...

OP
RDgolfer
Thread Starter #10
The moment of truth has arrived..TEST DRIVE TODAY!!! If anyone has any last minute suggestions before my maiden voyage, feel free to post. Other than that I will be officially de-virginized today.[woot]

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
The moment of truth has arrived..TEST DRIVE TODAY!!! If anyone has any last minute suggestions before my maiden voyage, feel free to post. Other than that I will be officially de-virginized today.[woot]
Don't giggle like a little girl.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
LOL tell us the truth how long did it take to wipe that goofy grin off your face after or during . And if you didn't get that goofy grin you weren't Driving it on the right roads [driving]

OP
RDgolfer
Thread Starter #14
LOL tell us the truth how long did it take to wipe that goofy grin off your face after or during . And if you didn't get that goofy grin you weren't Driving it on the right roads [driving]
OMG!!!![:D] Perfect timing for a test drive during this brief respite before Polar Vortex III hits...about 40 deg today. Now, I get to the dealership and I wait while it is being gassed up. This takes an eternity (10 minutes) and I can't wait another goddamn second. He arrives with the keys and we walk out to the car so he can put the dealer plate in rear window. Hands me the keys to a fully loaded Tux black FiST and says have fun, don't crash it. I say "Ok no problem". Get in car, adjust seat...put seat belt on and push the start button. The Recaros feel great but a little tight (6 ft 205 lbs) and hoping the break in theory is true. Anyway the seat was still awesome. Pull the car out to the onramp to a connector road to the hway. All I could think of was Peloton's break in regimen and felt guilty for what I was about to do to this little rocketship....but I did it anyway lol. Now I have heard others on here talk about the way this thing pulls but omg the FiST is "THE BEST EFFING CAR I HAVE EVER DRIVEN" PERIOD!!! So I pour the coals to it and I am instantlly the happiest person on the planet. The shifter is great...nice and smooth...the clutch, effortless.. So I get on the onramp for the highway and of course Kasper Milktoast is having a daydream in front of me...ok...now I am ready to unleash the powerplant...Bye bye dummy....gone! I couldn't believe the torque even way down in the rpms....passsing cars wasn't a chore, it was a necessity! So goddamn fun I couldn't wait for enough daylight to just blast through the hole [gunfire] Finally got to the offramp to see how the handling was and again omg...thank you Ford...rails..on friggin rails it is!...and the pull out of the turn...I am lost for words...fabulous, hilarious, incredible...back on the highway again and this thing took I everything I gave it and asked for more...happily...Love Love Love this car...seriously...I shaved before our date lol. I have more and I will return. Still smiling bye the way [wiggle]

OP
RDgolfer
Thread Starter #17
Yup sounds about right :) Glad it Lived up to our hype LOL
Nooooowwwww I know without a doubt what FiST owners have been a little jerked about concerning this car. Yes, redline comes way too quick. Hit the rev limiter a few times and was like what?? And on the off ramps I can kind of feel the need for coil overs although I MUST take another test drive to confirm this for scientific purposes. Now I can see what this car will be like with a tune...deeper redline and no boost die off in the upper rev range. I am so glad I was interested enough in this car in that all the info that I devoured like Dom Delouise eating an italian grinder, made this test drive that much more meaningful because I was able to feel what I had come to know...sort of like learning golf...get the info in the brain first and then go try to do what you "know". I have to thank so many of you for my edification concerning the FiST which is sort of like thanking other junkies for a free fix LOL And btw...why anyone buys a car off the lot with more than 5 miles on it is beyond me..thank you Peloton...that break in info is an invaluable piece of knowledge that will never be lost on me[lovest]

OP
RDgolfer
Thread Starter #20
I understand your hesitance to qualify me...but I can assure you all is well...........................................[wiggle]