Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

bumpy roads noise coming from hatch area.

i've been trying to figure out what's bouncing up and down on bumpy roads in the hatch area. i think it's either the spare tire or the flap on top. hmmm, maybe need to add some rubber seals or tie down the flap? anyone else notice the bang/clunk?

STooge

As I've said I do not have mine yet. But. If you think it's the spare tire or the cover try removing one at a time and driving to maybe narrow it down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
A
Thread Starter #3
thanks for the response.. i will take your advice but i wanted to see if anyone else noticed it or they're probably listening to their music too loud? lol... i'll start with the flap.

Harvick

1000 Post Club
Double check the rear seat back rest and make sure its latched. Sometimes its not latched properly and will make rattle noises over bumps.

OP
A
Thread Starter #5
i've checked the spare and it is in very tight, i'm sure it's not the spare. the flap/cover sounds like the culprit when i try to replicate. why wouldn't ford add like a clip or something to keep the flap tight too? back seat latch is locked in properly.

STooge

Would you mind terribly taking a picture of this. I'm curious to see what the deal is here. If you can that'd be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am sure it is the rear cover that hides the cargo area. I have put some closed cell foam strips where it rests on plastic and it deadens the sound somewhat. Just take it off it bounces too much. I have gotten used to it and ignor it mostly. I also put some foam spots under the cargo trunk floor where it rests on its stops above the spare tire to quiet that thumping Stiff sprung cars will bounce the interior somewhat.