Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Help needed - engine block heater

Hi

I just noticed that there is no block heater cable in my car. The block heater is standard in Canada and optional in USA. The heater I am guessing must be installed (P. No. 6A051) already in the block. Is it possible to check this? Does the chord have to be purchased separately (P. No. 6B018) or is it missing in my car? I am yet to hear back from my dealer on this.

Thanks

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
My assumption is that you may have to purchase the cord separately, but ask the dealer since it may be included as part of the Engine Block Heater package.

Try following this diagram to see if you can locate the plug.

Attachments

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
So does this mean, we all have the heater in the car, just need the plug?
In the US, its an option from the dealer. In Canada its included.

STooge

I swear mine did not have this option... Weird. Should be ok without it but it would be nice.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
I swear mine did not have this option... Weird. Should be ok without it but it would be nice.
Yeah that was the Canadian configurator. Its not even listed on the US Ford site.

OP
S
Thread Starter #7
Ok, so the plug along with the cable had actually fallen into the engine compartment so I couldn't see it. It comes installed with the car. The plug is supposed to rest on the top of the radiator. But it does mean that the hood cannot be closed when the heater is in use. The generic Fiesta manual wasn't very helpful either.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Very cool, thanks for the update.

Ok, so the plug along with the cable had actually fallen into the engine compartment so I couldn't see it. It comes installed with the car. The plug is supposed to rest on the top of the radiator. But it does mean that the hood cannot be closed when the heater is in use. The generic Fiesta manual wasn't very helpful either.
I only used the heater once but I remeber being able to close the hood. I didn't completly closed it but left it in the first position, just like when you pull the hood release handle. This way I didnt have to go back in the car the release the hood when I needed to unplug it.

Hope this helps!

OP
S
Thread Starter #10
I only used the heater once but I remeber being able to close the hood. I didn't completly closed it but left it in the first position, just like when you pull the hood release handle. This way I didnt have to go back in the car the release the hood when I needed to unplug it.

Hope this helps!
Thank you. I thought about that. But I have a driveway - not a garage, so I don't want the hood to be left open the entire night. I think I will be able to route an extension cable through the bottom. Till the next polar vortex...[:)]

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Mine came with it and i have yet to use it since work frowns on plugging in over nite at the power plant i work at !! Nice eh !! LOL

Any part geniuses here know the part number for the end harness for the block heater attachment plug? I'm repairing a front end collision and I can see the harness for the block heater behind the driver's side headlamp. But it's just a plug at that point. I need the (sub) harness that continues to the exterior of the front of the car. Any help appreciated, I looked online but didn't get any good results