Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

De-badging

Got the car on Friday and spent Saturday morning putting on winter wheels and de-badging the rear of the car plus removing the dealer sticker. So got out the hair dryer and the dental floss and followed the how-to from MKVIIST (thanks - it looks great now). Plan is to have paint protection put on this week and then I will put the ST badge back but on the right side. Fiesta badge goes up on the wall in the garage.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Awesome, it looks much better without the Fiesta badge.

I got the Xpel paint protection flim on mine, ended up doing the fenders, bumper, door sills, door handles, upper portion of the rear bumper and the entire hood.

OP
scottiemac
Thread Starter #3
Oh yeah. Nice and clean and looks a bit tougher without the Fiesta badge. Now without it maybe my buddy won't refer to it as "Snowflake"! [:(!]

I don't have my car yet, but kind of like the Fiesta badge there. I mean, do you want people to think its a Focus? This is the hot-hatch of the year.

OP
scottiemac
Thread Starter #5
I don't have my car yet, but kind of like the Fiesta badge there. I mean, do you want people to think its a Focus? This is the hot-hatch of the year.
A Focus! Hell no! I just think the script on the Fiesta badge is a bit fussy. Personal preference though. That's what the whole deal is - personalize your ride.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
I agree it's personal preference, most people do it because it looks cleaner or prefer the same look as the European models that do not have the Fiesta badge in the rear.

OP
scottiemac
Thread Starter #7
De-badged - now re-badged. With paint protection and 3M on and a real nice sunny day (+15C in Calgary in January - holy crap) I decided the conditions were right to put the ST badge back.
I was going to follow the directions in the other thread but just eye balled it instead. I just lined the upper right corner of the "T" with the lower left corner of the right tail light and centred it on the right side of the hatch.
It looks really good. Will post a picture when I get a minute. I even had time to wash it by hand it was so warm out. [^]

Attachments

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
dang near 60 Deg F and we cant get near freezing this week or next !! not a hater but damn you weather gods !!!

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
I removed my Fiesta badge on the rear as well a few days ago. I have a Cobb sticker there now. [:o]

OP
scottiemac
Thread Starter #10
dang near 60 Deg F and we cant get near freezing this week or next !! not a hater but damn you weather gods !!!
Don't worry, we'll pay for this big time. Probably another Polar Vortex (whatever the hell that is) on the way soon.