Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Engine sound enhancement

C. love

I saw video of this with the Mustang GT. I also saw the fiesta had this sound enhancement system. With the mustang it is suppose to add some engine noise to the interior when you have your foot into the go pedal. I thought why not see what happens when a similar thing is done to the fiesta. The fiesta has a similar foam plug on the engine side of the sound tube but its hollow and not solid like the mustang. I removed it in about 30 seconds from hood pop to hood shut. The removal of this foam made it slightly louder but it now has some buzzing too it. Odd thing is it feels slightly faster which it shouldn't at all, unless of course it somehow modify the boost level. I removed one plug not sure if there are anymore, I am sure there are

Anyone else do this?

video for mustang

[video=youtube;UTZ1aaokRsw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTZ1aaokRsw[/video]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTZ1aaokRsw

I just took that stupid thing out and plugged up the hose . It doesn't do anything but give some sound in the cab. If I want sound I'll add and intake and exhaust

OP
C

C. love

Thread Starter #4
I just took that stupid thing out and plugged up the hose . It doesn't do anything but give some sound in the cab. If I want sound I'll add and intake and exhaust

You are missing the point. Its free. Besides Id rather spend money on my other car. An intake would be great but at 300 bucks vs this "free" thing may as well try. This is my daily not my race car so some loud raspy crappy exhaust is a no go

I can do a sound clip but not tonight. I am mainly interested in seeing if other people have done this

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
I'm interested to hearing the sound clip as well. If it's not too overly loud I might give it a try just to hear what it sounds like. Good thing is you can always revert back.

STooge

Same here, is the sound "better" or just slightly louder? And is the buzz constant or just when you're foot is in it?

OP
C

C. love

Thread Starter #7
just when the foot is in it. I will get a video tomorrow today its all rainy and crappy out. I will also see if there is another plug in the tract

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Repped you C. love for the tip. I want to hear this too hehe

I have just done this on my car as well and got a few photos. I didn't really notice much difference but then again I rarely drive with my radio off anyway haha :p I couldn't find the other end where is goes in the car so I couldn't check that end for any foam.
I took photos but for some reason I can't upload them on here :/

OP
C

C. love

Thread Starter #11
The wind was stupid high this morning its dying down. I will get a street video later on today if the wind settles down. Other wise I have a little private autox/photo session going on tomorrow night so i will have it done then.

This morning when I tried to look and see where the tube exactly went into the cabin but the aforementioned high winds had me holding onto the hood and looking at the same time. So i couldnt see much more

OP
C

C. love

Thread Starter #13
Ive been super slow on this sorry. I had the video made yesterday and was editing today and the volume was super low............My ************* had the water tight back on the gopro. I will try again tomorrow lol

OP
C

C. love

Thread Starter #15
This should be live here in 10 minutes or so

[video=youtube_share;dPgIH6DMvsU]http://youtu.be/dPgIH6DMvsU[/video]

jack up your volume as it may be hard to hear the very very slight difference

OP
C

C. love

Thread Starter #18
its very subtle and for litterally 15 seconds of time and seemingly no draw backs why not. I am sure some folks scoff but I am not into having some loud honda civic like exhaust for extra "feel" aka noise. Im well over my boy ricer days.

Pulled mine out and experience the same buzzing sound, but only at wot.. As far as the other end, I think I can see where it goes into the cabin, but it would seem you need the skinny arms of an 8 year old to get to it..