Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST Mountune Intake Review

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
So... Have they done an ABS plastic lower airbox yet? I dunno if any of you guys are aware of a place called B.U.G. autosports out of the phillipines that has a proper injection molded high flow lower airbox, along with some weird light tube led tails, some weird drivetrain bushing thing they call a "stiff ring" and some other ST specific bits

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thread Starter #22
Interesting, you have any pictures of the B.U.G. autosport products?

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club

Apparently it's "BUG Auto Industry".

source: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.627585723959144.1073741861.139513129433075&type=1

then there's their "stiff ring"
"What is Stiff Ring ?
Improve Handling, Reduce Noise, Eliminate Vibration
Stiff Ring made of special formula alloy aluminium. It used to correct the car body basic geometry by filling the gap between the sub frame bolts, sub frame and the car body bolt hole. Car engine, transmission, suspension and the body shelf are mounted on the sub frame. Thus, correcting the geometry setup with Stiff Ring, the car handling will be improved significantly. By eliminating this free gap, vibration to the car chassis & undercarriage will greatly reduce. This helps to protect & prolong the car undercarriage parts life span. Eg: Steering rack, lower arm and etc."

This is a stupid question... [dunno]

Would installing a CAI or cat back exhaust void the Ford bumper/bumper - powertrain warranty?

STooge

Most likely yes. If the engine is modded at all then Ford would say that any damage caused to the engine is due to you modifying it. Even a tune will do this.

Harvick

1000 Post Club
It will only void your warranty if the mod is the root cause of the problem. In other words they can't deny you warranty claim on anything that is unrelated to the intake mod.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
It will only void your warranty if the mod is the root cause of the problem. In other words they can't deny you warranty claim on anything that is unrelated to the intake mod.
That depends where you live though also.No? US law is only good in the US ? Do other countries hold to the same standard ?

Harvick

1000 Post Club
That depends where you live though also.No? US law is only good in the US ? Do other countries hold to the same standard ?
I didnt notice he was from Canada and you're right the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act only applies to the US. Im not sure if there is a Canadian version of the Magnuson-Moss.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I didnt notice he was from Canada and you're right the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act only applies to the US. Im not sure if there is a Canadian version of the Magnuson-Moss.
That's why I asked as I wasn't clear on it either . Thanks

Thanks for the info,

I was hoping we would be getting the same 'deal' as they have in the UK - MP210 Mountune/Ford full warranty.

From the little I've read about mountune USA it seems it will just be 'Ford Racing' approved... Have to wait and see...

the duke

So how loud is this thing under load? I've got a K&N Typhoon (not my choice of filter, but the intake itself is pretty well designed) on my STi and the sucker screams on spool. Does anyone have a quantifiable change? I'm very close to buying a Molten Orange ST and the Mountune route seems best since it's warrantied.

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thread Starter #33
So how loud is this thing under load? I've got a K&N Typhoon (not my choice of filter, but the intake itself is pretty well designed) on my STi and the sucker screams on spool. Does anyone have a quantifiable change? I'm very close to buying a Molten Orange ST and the Mountune route seems best since it's warrantied.
Not much in terms of power change and it's only slightly louder than the stock. You'll probably see the most difference if you paired this with a tune.

XuperXero

Judging from the pictures... this is just bottom of the airbox removed and replaced with a metal airbox (thus eliminating the silencer) with a tube leading to bumper acting like ram air for $300 USD? Oh and K&N filter.

HaveBlue83

^^^^yes basically.

Honestly i would rather do the mountune silicone intake pipe and a k&n with a drilled stock lower box and use a hardware store duct to wherever u want it.

Thread revival, I installed the Mountune airbox. It was a pain to install the OEM snorkel into the aluminum airbox. Mountune put a thick rubber seal and plastic moulding in the inner lip of the snorkel hole. It took me over 2 HOURS(!) to push, pull, prod, hammer, and force the snorkel onto the new airbox because it was such a tight fit. I thought I would destroy the snorkel by mistake.

Now I want to reinstall the OEM airbox so the dealer can't say it was the Mountune part causing the issue. So the question is, how do I remove the snorkel from the Mountune airbox without damaging it? Should I just buy another snorkel?

Thanks.

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thread Starter #39
Thread revival, I installed the Mountune airbox. It was a pain to install the OEM snorkel into the aluminum airbox. Mountune put a thick rubber seal and plastic moulding in the inner lip of the snorkel hole. It took me over 2 HOURS(!) to push, pull, prod, hammer, and force the snorkel onto the new airbox because it was such a tight fit. I thought I would destroy the snorkel by mistake.

Now I want to reinstall the OEM airbox so the dealer can't say it was the Mountune part causing the issue. So the question is, how do I remove the snorkel from the Mountune airbox without damaging it? Should I just buy another snorkel?

Thanks.
You would have to remove the airbox to remove the snorkel. During the install, you install the snorkel onto the airbox before mounting it.

You would have to remove the airbox to remove the snorkel. During the install, you install the snorkel onto the airbox before mounting it.
I get that, but the thick rubber seal + plastic moulding on the snorkel hole of the Mountune airbox is preventing me from removing it. Are there any removal tools that can pry the snorkel off without damaging the part?