Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST Mountune Intake Review

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
I recently installed a Mountune intake and wanted to give you guys my personal opinion of the product.

The Product:
These are the items that are included with the Mountune intake system.

The Pros:
The great thing about this product is the ease of installation. An average person can install this intake in about an hour or less. The Mountune airbox itself is made from solid metal and the painted finish seems very durable. I happened to kick it a few times by accident on the garage floor and there were no signs of any scratches. I also had no issues fidgeting with the installation and the box sits perfectly in the stock location. The intake system retains most of the stock plumbing so it made the installation process very easy. The provided directions were also very easy to follow with detailed pictures.

The Cons:
What I didn't like about this intake is the hose that attaches to the bottom of the box to draw in the cold air. The way the directions instructs you to tuck the hose into the bumper and above the fog light I didn't feel was a good location. I wish Mountune would have provided a mount where it could be fastened to a more secured location. I'll probably end up securing this to an existing hose to keep it from falling loose. The other part which I didn't like was having to remove the headlight for this install, this really added to the installation time as it was a pain to put the headlight back on. Lastly, for what you get, the price is a bit on the high side. I would say a better market price for this product is about $250.

The Videos:
Revving to about 6000rpm.
View: http://youtu.be/Mt6Ko7WP_g8

Mountune vs. Stock
View: http://youtu.be/asuruniHJCo

The Conclusion:
While I haven't driven the car enough to conclude if there is an increase in fuel efficiency, I do find that the car pulls a bit better in 2nd and 3rd gear. You can also hear the sound of the turbo more prominently in the lower gears than before. In conclusion for anyone looking for an easy to install intake, this is something I would highly recommend. However if you are expecting a big difference in performance a tune will be better suited for your needs.

Last edited:

STooge

Nice MK, looks good. This may be something I look into in the near future, as for now, Julie wants it left stock [sad]

Great write up!

Hopefully mountune/ford racing can release the mp215 'kit' sometime this year.

STooge

Hahaha, that is true. "honey I'm take your car in to work today to check fluids and tire pressures" [angel][biggrin][driving]

TheStig

wonder why both this kit and the FS Werks kit are both really quiet. Must be the teeny weeny witto turbo

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Nice write up and VId's how you liking that MovieMaker Program ??
After driving it do you get any blow off noise ? (not that i would hear it till spring anyway with window closed and defroster/heater fan running all the time..)

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thread Starter #12
Thanks everyone.

Moviemaker was easy to use. Next time I'll try Sony Vegas, got a new copy from work.[angel]

Yes you can hear the blowoff sound much clearer, especially in the lower gears. Its not loud, just more prominent.[driving]

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thread Starter #16
You shouldve waited, I hear mountune is coming out with a new design.
I heard, sadly I purchased mine during the Black Friday sale they had way before this was announced. I've only recently installed it, still happy nevertheless.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
How much you want to bet you could add this to what you have it only looks like they updated the intake tube from the box to the back of the engine. (I'm guessing it is the turbo intake back there) If they don't offer it as a update that's just silly

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
I heard, sadly I purchased mine during the Black Friday sale they had way before this was announced. I've only recently installed it, still happy nevertheless.
Your Lil Asskicker is coming along nicely :)

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thread Starter #19
Your Lil Asskicker is coming along nicely :)
Yours too, great to see both our STs evolve from stock. You need to get a build thread going so I can follow it lol.

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thread Starter #20
How much you want to bet you could add this to what you have it only looks like they updated the intake tube from the box to the back of the engine. (I'm guessing it is the turbo intake back there) If they don't offer it as a update that's just silly
I agree judging from the picture, would be interesting to get the details on air flow improvements of the new tube vs. stock.