Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

DEPO Fiesta LED Tail lights

TheStig

be ware of sealing issues. OEM lights have issues with sealing as it is, lights that use much cheaper materials with not as good quality control may be a bad combo. Ive heard good about DEPO, but you just never know.

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Guys!!!
These DO NOT WORK for us. I tested these this weekend.
While they do fit and install if you remove the center stud, using jumpers I tapped the lights into the 3157 harness but here's the thing

With the headlights ON, the brakes do not seem to illuminate at all differently.
This means that while your headlights are on, noone can see your brake lights.

I am working directly with DEPO to see if I can have them adjust the lights for USDM use.
A 3157 harness insert is the main hurdle but the brightness issue is another.

I have pics. Will share shortly.

Also the lights look great installed but in my opinion, having shot over 140 install how-to videos for aftermarket headlight/tail company Spyder Auto, the LEDs are extremely dim.

It feels like a product that was engineered back in 2007 rather than a current piece.

One more note, the fitment of the reverse and turn sockets was extremely sloppy.

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
As a sidenote our tail lights do interchange with USDM standard Fiestas. And will interchange with foreign market tails IF you remove the center stud.

If you do not remove the stud you cannot install the tail lights on a USDM model.

OP
rooSTer

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
Good to know, thanks BlueBomber

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Here's the last set of lights I installed on a Ford before leaving Spyder...

but anyways here are our moneyshots

So there you go. I didn't bother with illuminated shots because I was focused on getting them to work. In my photos you can see the stud I removed and the difference in connector between the UKDM DEPO tails and our USDM 4-wire 3157 socket.

TheStig

those Spyder headlights looked pretty good actually, they didn't overdo it with rings and LED's and shit.

If they make a set close to that for the Fiesta ST at a decent price that are adequately sealed I may buy them.

I had some ANZO USA headlights on a civic before and was extremely happy with them.

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
I hope they do. Even though I no longer work over there I still have contacts with R&D to try and get em to do it.

Spyder and Anzo are always at each other's throats, it's pretty funny - but everyone at all those lighting companies out in Industry,CA/Walnut, CA area know each other and who everyone else is

But hey, we may not have to. We've just established UKDM projectors will physically fit and that the harnesses are the same, just have to figure out the pinout.

So, I know this thread is 1.5 years old, but has there been any progress getting these wired to work correctly, or any other brighter led tail options anybody has come across? I like the look of the smoked red tails but I fear if I used night shades with stock tails my brake lights would be hard to see in the day.

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Yeah we figured it out I had the wiring slightly off.

@PelloniDesign has them on his car but as I said the first time these are a HARD WIRE install.

Diode Dynamics (and probably several other companies) makes LED bulbs that fit it the stock tail lights that are brighter than stock. I have ordered a set from diode dynamics but haven't received them yet. I will update when I install them.

jayrod1980

Diode Dynamics (and probably several other companies) makes LED bulbs that fit it the stock tail lights that are brighter than stock. I have ordered a set from diode dynamics but haven't received them yet. I will update when I install them.
Any update on the diode dynamics bulbs in the tails?

Any update on the diode dynamics bulbs in the tails?
The bulbs I have are slightly brighter than stock, they have some that are even brighter but costs much more.

Diode Dynamics Rear LED Brake Light (Red HP11)
Diode Dynamics Reverse LED (Cool White HP36)
Diode Dynamics Plate LED (Cool White HP3)
Diode Dynamics Rear Turn Signal LED (Amber HP11) & Hyperblink Fix Kit
Diode Dynamics Side Marker LEDs (Amber HP3)
Diode Dynamics LED Fog Lights (Cool White XP80)
Diode Dynamics LED Front Turn Signals (Amber HP11) & Hyperblink Fix Kit
Diode Dynamics Side Mirror Signals LEDs (Amber HP3)
Xenondepot 6000K LED Low Beams