Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST SCT Tuner

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
I sent SCT a message on FB and they said they are working on the Fiesta ST software but no details on when it's released. They already have it for the regular Fiesta just not the ST yet.

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
I got the same answer. I have a contact with their PR team and have yet to hear anything.
I inquired about the Superchips Bluefin tune but considering USDM Fiestas use a MAF sensor vs UKDM models using a MAP sensor I don't think it'd have worked anyways

I also pinged Diablosport and they have no plans to offer anything.

Harvick

1000 Post Club
That's too bad about SCT, I really do like their products and there seems to be a lot of SCT tuners out there too.

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
ah, then I had it backwards. either way, point is the means of airflow measurement is 100% different between UKDM and USDM

Yeah. When i read that usdm was not maf tuned i removed the maf sensor to see what happened and nothing happened not even cel light

Any update on SCT Tuners? Do the tuners themselves work they just need someone to write a tune for them? I used to work for American Muscle and they were primarily SCT based. Great product. I'm curious because I can get the SCT tuners for pretty cheap, so I need to consider the option over cobb. I just can't find much information.

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Nope. Still need a custom tune. Talk to Torrie at Unleashed as he did my dad's Escape 2.0T using the X4, but make no mistake, the AccessPORT V3 is the nicer device. The X4 is kinda clunky and crude by comparison. For SCT standards, it's AWESOME but the Cobb unit still blows it away in terms of speed and display response time/quality/resolution.

BTW right now for black friday the place I work, ModBargains, can probably sell you an AP V3 for the price of an X4. But you have to call in, now thru cyber week, it's "call for pricing" or "Make an offer" - 714-582-3330

Cobb is very strict about MAP which makes it hard for anyone to discount a V3, but for black friday, the rules are relaxed a little, but noone can advertise that.

I'm not in sales myself but I put in a ton of work on the black friday ad and that's pretty hard to beat. IDK how low they'll go exactly- call and find out, not even I know.

Glad I can use the AP. when I had my svt I was using the SCT livewire ts and that thing would take forever to load a tune.

Young L

Nope. Still need a custom tune. Talk to Torrie at Unleashed as he did my dad's Escape 2.0T using the X4, but make no mistake, the AccessPORT V3 is the nicer device. The X4 is kinda clunky and crude by comparison. For SCT standards, it's AWESOME but the Cobb unit still blows it away in terms of speed and display response time/quality/resolution.
BTW right now for black friday the place I work, ModBargains, can probably sell you an AP V3 for the price of an X4. But you have to call in, now thru cyber week, it's "call for pricing" or "Make an offer" - 714-582-3330
Cobb is very strict about MAP which makes it hard for anyone to discount a V3, but for black friday, the rules are relaxed a little, but noone can advertise that.
I'm not in sales myself but I put in a ton of work on the black friday ad and that's pretty hard to beat. IDK how low they'll go exactly- call and find out, not even I know.
Hey BlueBomber does ModBargains ship to APO/FPO addresses? Im stationed in Germany and the winter is lookin to be long and cold here already, plenty of time to upgrade the FiST

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Sure do
Though I think special rates apply

Call in or email jurrian for more details.

SCT has the ability to tune the fiesta. It should be released now, or very soon. My car is proof of that since my car is running an SCT tune via the x3.

But Cobb is a very good option

OP
rooSTer

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #14
They are really late to the game but I'm glad to see them finally releasing their tuner...hopefully we'll see more tuners getting involved.

SCT has the ability to tune the fiesta. It should be released now, or very soon. My car is proof of that since my car is running an SCT tune via the x3.

But Cobb is a very good option

I've had my tune since Aug, but because of sema and their already being other thing options in not sure. They had my car in there before sema because a running shop was having an issue using the x4, but had the fixed the same day I was there.

FocusMike

I've had my tune since Aug, but because of sema and their already being other thing options in not sure. They had my car in there before sema because a running shop was having an issue using the x4, but had the fixed the same day I was there.
Hey _RED_ how does the x4 compare to the Cobb? I noticed you owned the Cobb before too right?

I have no first hand experience with the x4. My car is tuned using an x3. And your are correct, I had the Cobb v3 . I loved it for the ease of use and ask the extra features over my SCT x3. But ultimately I went back to my x3 because of the tune. Which was written for me car.

I'm on my phone, please forgive grammar and run on sentences.

FocusMike

I have no first hand experience with the x4. My car is tuned using an x3. And your are correct, I had the Cobb v3 . I loved it for the ease of use and ask the extra features over my SCT x3. But ultimately I went back to my x3 because of the tune. Which was written for me car.

I'm on my phone, please forgive grammar and run on sentences.
Thanks for the reply. I noticed that on the x4 there are similar display features as the Cobb, it just doesn't display as nice.

Yeah the x4 let's you set up gauges like the Cobb v3. I personally use an ultraguage.