Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New Member and Looking to Learn!

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Hello everyone. I recently traded in my 2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo for a 2014 Black Ford Fiesta ST, and decided to finally join a forum and decided on this one.

First of all, love the car. Such an update in every way over the Veloster. Love MyFord, even though I hear bad things about it from reviewers. Also, my Fiesta is fully packaged; Recaros, painted wheels with painted calibers, sunroof, and Nav.

My first mod was putting in yellow fog lights. I went with Nokya's bulbs because I had them on my other cars and really liked the look and output for the price; only cost me $17 shipped from Ebay. Next were a set of Fiesta ST all-weather mats. These are always a must for me in every car I buy because they really do their job to the fullest.

Next mod will be getting some winter wheels on. I know I'm running late on that, and I'm hoping the stock set up doesn't get too messed up by the road conditions because I really like the stock set up. Thinking about running 16'' winter steelies with Blizzarks. But while I'm doing that I'm going to see if there's any wheels I like for my Spring/Summer set up also. I have a few in mind but haven't decided on one yet.

I want to do some engine mods too but being so new to the Ford Fiesta scene I really don't know what's out there. So I'm hoping you guys can point me in the right direction. Looking at an intake and anything other minor mods that will do improving on horsepower numbers. Not really looking into an exhaust anytime soon. I really like the stock stock to be honest. I was looking at the Cobb Accessport but to be honest I don't know much about that sort of thing. Can anybody give me the rundown on how something like that works? I'd appreciate it.

But that's about all for now. I would post pictures but it's saying I can only add imagines from an URL link? Is there anyway to just add them from my computer? Maybe I'm missing it.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Welcome and great Choice of Car you almost have the fastest color :) Winter Tires will fit from 15 inch up to the 17 inch as long as you stay below 25 inches in diameter on the tires size as a rule of thumb. Not too much out yet for the car as Air intakes i just hitting the market as are exhaust's personally best bang for the but is the COBB AP you just plug it into the OBD 2 port and follow the onscreen instructions of the hand help unit and you get a beastly little car when you are done in about 10 minutes It changes a few things in the cars ECU or Computer to allow better use of the turbo and other safe engine parameters to allow the engine to rev higher and pull more boost in the lowers gears giving you more wheel turning Torque .. :) Other thing you may want to look at is a Quick shift kit from MountuneUSA I would say drive the car for at least a few hundered miles to get feel of it and then maybe think about what you like and what you might like tweeked a little bit better :) Just enjoy the car they are great fun as is too :)

OP
Kip2MyLou

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Thanks for the advice. I was looking into the Cobb, is it really worth it? Or should I just wait for a tune?

And any idea how to upload photos from my computer? Or isn't that possible?

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Drive your car stock for a few weeks. Enjoy it as is first. Then make the decision on what you think will help make it better. The CoBB AP IMO is a great mod and worth it. I would get that before an intake or exhaust. I dont like the stock wheels at all so I bought aftermarket wheels with all season tires. My next mod will be BC coilover suspension. I desperately need to soften up the rebound on this car because of the unforgiving roads where i live without sacrificing the handeling. Also a personal thing I have towards wheels gaps so I need to close it up :)
These will probably be my last mods till I catch up to my CC bills lol

Welcome!
To post images click the "Go Advanced" button at the bottom left. This will give you more options such as the paperclip icon which will let you attach files.

Harvick

1000 Post Club
Welcome, how does the Veloster Turbo compare to the Fiesta ST in peformance?

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Yes the Cobb is the Device that will allow you to save and switch your tunes once you have you car custom tuned if that is your goal provided they use COBB software that way you can carry your tunes with you Via the AP and if need be you can flash back to a safer tune if traveling and can't find good gas or you need to take your car to a dealer you can flash it back to stock. Its about the size of a modern smart phone and has some other great functions like mulit gauge display and data logging to name just a couple..
Like i said drive it a while you have time since the after market is JUST catching up to this car let us be the first adopters and you can sit back with your popcorn and watch till your car has a few miles on it and you are ready to take the plung into the wonderful world of tuning and modding your car (it is a addiction) LOL

OP
Kip2MyLou

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #11
Here's a photo of her. And I've had for about two weeks now and love it. I had an intake, exhaust, and high flow catted downpipe on my Veloster.

And performance wise the ST is just better. Not really speed and pick up wise but the handling and road feel in the Veloster just isn't there. Hyundai has some work to do there.

Attachments

OP
Kip2MyLou

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #12
And next mod will definitely be tinted windows. That's always a first for me.

STooge

Welcome!!! These guys here are on top if it. Lots of good people here and all full of knowledge. You came to the right place.