Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Taillight tinting

I've never actually done this, but I was thinking of darkening the tails abit. Anyone have any recommendations that will not damage the light and is potentially removable?

Any idea how the vinyl overlay will weather over time? Im hoping to be able to darken the headlights just a smudge. I really like what Cobb did with their fiesta headlights at SEMA. Not going fully blacked out, just a nice smokey look.

I've never actually done this, but I was thinking of darkening the tails abit. Anyone have any recommendations that will not damage the light and is potentially removable?
I had a shop do this on my old Focus, I will find a picture of it later but a real mild tint looked great on my liquid grey ZX3 and I will be looking to do this if possible on the FiST

Lets see if this works,

stock

vs not

A great improvement IMO and I never had any trouble with it

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
I love those OZ wheels, are you going to keep them for the FiST?

I love those OZ wheels, are you going to keep them for the FiST?
Those pics are almost a lifetime ago 01 and 02 I think, the car has been gone for 4 years now. Missed it this whole time, the FiST will take its place nicely.

Just in case anyone cares rustoleum also sales a tint spray now at wall Mart along with other car sprays protective clear coat caliper paint etc. It's cheaper than other tint sprays not sure how it compares messed up on rear reflectors but came off easy with gas and didn't hurt reflectors redid them and good to go now to the tail lights[wrenchin]

I was thinking of getting some lamin x tint for the tails. Anyone do this? I did the heads and fogs in yellow and love the look but the tails look like they could be a little tougher.

Attachments

I was thinking of getting some lamin x tint for the tails. Anyone do this? I did the heads and fogs in yellow and love the look but the tails look like they could be a little tougher.
Have you gotten any hell from LEO's for the yellow headlights?

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
The car looks great.

Just be aware that the Lamin X will burn on the Fogs.
This is because the lens is too close to the bulbs.
The cure is go to a 35 watt bulb or remove the Lamin X and use a 2500K (yellow) bulb.

Dave

The car looks great.

Just be aware that the Lamin X will burn on the Fogs.
This is because the lens is too close to the bulbs.
The cure is go to a 35 watt bulb or remove the Lamin X and use a 2500K (yellow) bulb.

Dave
I've heard this as well but after 4k miles with my yellow Lamin-X fog covers, the covers are in like-new condition. I dunno

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I've heard this as well but after 4k miles with my yellow Lamin-X fog covers, the covers are in like-new condition. I dunno
I am sure it also depends on how long you leave the lights on.

Dave

I am sure it also depends on how long you leave the lights on.

Dave
Truth. Usually 30-60min at one time and a couple of 3-4 hour trips. Rarely if ever am I sitting still with my fogs on so I'm sure they are getting cooled sufficiently.