Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Wall street journal gives st review

I was surprised to see the Dan Neil review of the Fiesta ST (Weekend Edition, October 12-13, 2013). He is usually pretty critical of the domestic cars, but gave our favorite ST a thumbs up by declaring it "The Biggest Bang for the Buck" and suggesting we "Give in. Live a little" which is good advice. TheRooster has the link to the article…give it a read.

He is usually pretty critical of the domestic cars, but gave our favorite ST a thumbs up by declaring it
it's almost as if he was being paid by Ford for his review. But that can't be the case because he said paying more than 25 grand for a car is insane. So wow, the ST is right on. He's also correct, my Rolls Royce Phantom is getting boring to drive after just a year or so. [redface]

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
LOL same here MY FRS was a bit over done when I said good bye to it today !! And all I can say about the ST is WOW it made me forget the FRS and lack of TORQUE it had..... The ST can't be in the wrong gear anytime that way it just pulls !!! 1 st gear is a bit short and second just flat out ROCKS !!

LOL same here MY FRS was a bit over done when I said good bye to it today !! And all I can say about the ST is WOW it made me forget the FRS and lack of TORQUE it had..... The ST can't be in the wrong gear anytime that way it just pulls !!! 1 st gear is a bit short and second just flat out ROCKS !!
rodmoe, we don't mind if you give us more of a report on the ST. Does the turbo take a lot of warm up time? How do the bumps feel in comparison with the stiffer shocks? What seats did you get? Etc.....

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Lets the mods commence :)

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
First MOD done I took the tacky dealer logo off then went driving on damp leaf covered roads !!

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
First MOD done I took the tacky dealer logo off then went driving on damp leaf covered roads !!
Fall season is perfect for photo ops. Don't be selfish and do share more pics lol. A lot of us are suffering from FiST withdrawals waiting for our cars.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Fall season is perfect for photo ops. Don't be selfish and do share more pics lol. A lot of us are suffering from FiST withdrawals waiting for our cars.
Will Do though ill have to go south of here as most of the "Color" is in my yard waiting to be raked !! And a few less clouds be fun too but ill get some maybe tomorrow .. it's just so much harder to stop driving and get some snaps than I thought it would be ....

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
rodmoe, we don't mind if you give us more of a report on the ST. Does the turbo take a lot of warm up time? How do the bumps feel in comparison with the stiffer shocks? What seats did you get? Etc.....
Ok Turbo is on anytime you are near 2000 rpm or at least it seemed but that runs like a rabbit at about 3 k I did not think the ride was anything worse than my 2011 Mustang GT or my FRS in fact it might have been better riding do to the fact the Racaro's hold you so well you are not flopping around against the seat belt.. Brakes are in a word AWESOME and it might need a lil learning for me as they have Great initial bite to put you hard against the seat belt if you are not paying attention... First time I heard the sounds tube thingy I started to smile and learned where it piped up and where it could be quite for cruising. Gave the motor a good work out and found first gear was a lil shorter than I thought because the rev limiter backed me off when I crowded 6500 rpm after than bobble I kept a eye on the tach and short shifted more often than not... But this car is a HOOT on the hwy if you need to pass you can plan it out like we do in our Honda Fit (wait for a long clear stretch) or you and drop a gear or two depending on where you are and stand on it .. but if you do option 2 you better be ready to move cuz she just flat out jumps .... On a side not this is the first car I have owned with a voice activated stereo that did what I told it the first time..... I've had 3 of them before this one a ford and two dodges that I would argue with as I drove .. LOL lat me know if you need to hear anything else in particular about the car Oh and the painted wheels still show brake dust but not as bad... or so I think ...

the painted wheels still show brake dust but not as bad... or so I think ...
Great review! I'm glas you bring the brake dust up here. I also have the darker wheel... they won't show the dust as much but man... I'll wash the car at my dad's, drive, 10-15km home and my wheel will be dirty again!

Am I doing something wrong?

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Great review! I'm glas you bring the brake dust up here. I also have the darker wheel... they won't show the dust as much but man... I'll wash the car at my dad's, drive, 10-15km home and my wheel will be dirty again!

Am I doing something wrong?
Nothing wrong just the nature of having a great brake pad ... most pads that work as good as these give up dust if not they tend to not stop as well... Plus the torque vectoring play a part in making the front wheels a smidge dusty too...

Thanks for that... I never had a ''performance'' car like this before so I never saw so much brake dust so quick.

Anyways, the wheel option was worth it

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
For Me too it was worth it ..
I think function wise the wheels are the same its a personal choice if you like the color and painted Calipers and if you can afford it.. I just wanted a bit of a different look and I like darker wheels though when I go for track wheels ill be looking at weight/Strength as the main deciding factors and color will be less of a concern.. So in a nut shell if you like it and can afford it why not if you like the silver wheels and calipers nothing wrong there either they work the same... just need a lil bit more attention to look clean as I am sure both colors get just as dirty as fast ..

. but if you do option 2 you better be ready to move cuz she just flat out jumps
Thanks for the inputs. I've always found fast acceleration to be a safety feature for me. That's one reason I always liked the motorcycles I rode year-round. When I had to move, the cycle would MOVE! A stick shift helps in the cars to be able to downshift, and it's nice to be able to "whip the horse" for faster movement, but the ST gives more of a horse to whip.