Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New member from Atlantic Canada

CanadianST

Hey everybody! My name's Mark i'm 20 from Prince Edward Island, Canada and just ordered my 2014 Molten Orange Fiesta ST! The only options i opted for were the orange exterior with matching orange Recaros but since there were none east of Quebec like this i'm getting mine built so it'll be here in 6-8 weeks, it's gonna be a long wait [sad]. Looking at picking up some aftermarket rims and a Cobb Accessport for my first mods, then an exhaust and intake alittle later in the future. I currently drive a 2004 Mazda6 V6 as my daily with pretty much every bolt on you could think of and a tune running alittle over 300 horsepower at the flywheel so i'm interested to see how they differ from each other. Also have a 1971 Datsun 510 with a fully built motor hooked up to a 280z 5 speed, and a 1987 Honda Hurricane 600 (CBR 600). Yes I know, I have a problem [biggrin]. Look forward to learning more about our cars as the info becomes available, and hopefully reading things on here will keep me occupied as i wait for my new baby.

A few pics of my current rides

She doesn't like speed bumps

And a pic of the Datsun Stock, It's currently rocking a set of vintage aluminum slots with some meatier tires but still has the "barn find" look

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Cool cars and you may want to think of a 10 week wait just so you don't go off when 6 weeks comes and goes .. Once you get a VIN and window sticker it goes fast the time that is..
We had a 6 Sport wagon for a little while wanted a 3 at the time but they were pretty proud of them then so the about Gave us the 6 it had a V6 with auto so didn't do anything to it other than drive it..
Like the 510 sounds like it would be a blast on the track or at a AutoX event or two..

Oh yes and WELCOME [wave]

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Welcome, can you post some more pictures of the Datsun?

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Welcome aboard Mark. Once you get the VIN, here's a good thread on tracking it.

OP
CanadianST

CanadianST

Thread Starter #6
Welcome, can you post some more pictures of the Datsun?
I'm still finishing up the engine rebuild so I don't have any of the finished project but other than sanding some of the surface rust cosmetically it's pretty much done. I'm really going for a ratty looking exterior but under the hoods going to be mint.

Quite the difference

How it's sitting now, just waiting on the engine. Only rot was behind the front wheels where it's primered, everywhere else is surprisingly solid.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
I like the ratty exterior, makes for it being more of a sleeper.

Perry

Welcome! I can't see the pics--dunno why--but things sound cool from your description. The wait will seem interminable until the FiST gets to you, but in retrospect I think you'll come to find it worth it, and not as bad as you'd imagined. Easy for me to say, though, right? [;-)]

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Welcome! I can't see the pics--dunno why--but things sound cool from your description. The wait will seem interminable until the FiST gets to you, but in retrospect I think you'll come to find it worth it, and not as bad as you'd imagined. Easy for me to say, though, right? [;-)]

That one work? cool pic I like this one in the garage..

Perry

That one work? cool pic I like this one in the garage..
Sorry, rodmoe, I got nothin' on my end. If there's a pic in there, it's well and truly hidden from my eyes! Actually, this reply box I can see the HTML line for the image, but it's a no-show. [werd]

Perry

Can you guys see an image in my reply above? I cut/pasted the HTML code from rodmoe's note to my post. I still can't see it. Dunno if anyone else can.

Perry

lol. This is getting comical. Nope, still can't see it. There must be something wrong with this PC. I'm at work, with work-supplied machine, so who knows. I'll try again from home later.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
lol. This is getting comical. Nope, still can't see it. There must be something wrong with this PC. I'm at work, with work-supplied machine, so who knows. I'll try again from home later.
I hate those site blockers !!

I can see the pic's and agree it could a site blocker. Many business PC's will specifically block .jpg's. See if things improve once you get home...

Perry

I can see the pic's and agree it could a site blocker. Many business PC's will specifically block .jpg's. See if things improve once you get home...
That was the problem, guys. Walked in, woke up our iMac, and a minute later I was seeing all the pics, etc. The site blocker (or at least the jpg-blocking side of it) must've been recently updated/adjusted, whatever, as I've been able to see such in the past. But no matter. All is good! And again, welcome to the newest forum member! Love the cars, esp. that almost-OD-green color!

Edit: Add: BTW, Mark, that Datsun reminds me of one a friend had some years back. His was about same vintage, don't recall year, and was sky blue/turquoise color (yep, it was the '70s thing!). That car met it's end when a pregnant sow made its way onto the highway early one morning, and . . . well, it wasn't pretty. No one hurt, thankfully, except for the sow and not-quite-piglets, but the car was made a mess of like no one's business. Whew!

OP
CanadianST

CanadianST

Thread Starter #19
Thanks for the kind words, I'm glad it wasn't something I was doing on my end with the pictures lol. I was worried they weren't showing for everyone.