Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Would the Fiesta ST see a second generation?

Would the Fiesta ST see a second generation?

• Yes

Votes: 63 57.3%
  • No

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 29 26.4%

• Total voters

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
How many y'all think the Fiesta ST would last longer than the Focus SVT? Being a former Focus owner I was disappointed to see the Focus SVT only lasted 2 model years. I don't know the sales statistics but I don't see many FiST on the road and hope it doesn't meet the same fate.

Discuss and tell us what you think?

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I'm not sure but as Ford only expects the ST to make up 5% or so of their sales mix how could they make a business case for it then kill it off so quickly Gosh I hope not.. Though i did see elsewhere where a guy went in to order a ST and his sales guy did all the clicking and banging on the keyboard only to find out the Fiesta ST is discontinued... LOL my Guess is 3 years at least and I hope I'm wrong in a Good way...

Perry

Wish I knew the answer to that. My wife thought I was silly for worrying about same, in the context of "But honey, I HAVE to get one now! They may not even make 'em next year!" Then, when I told her the Fiesta ST was/is the 2013 Car of the Year with Top Gear (BBC), she said, "See! Of course they'll keep making them."

Sigh. I wish I were confident of that. I'm not. Right now I'd put it at about 60-40 for it lasting more than 2 years.

TheStig

considering LA Times called it one of their 10 future collector cars from 2013, id say it lasts awhile. Sure its sort of a Niche market car, but many other niche cars that are even further towards just one segment have lasted quite some time.

The SVT Focus is nowhere near what this car is, sadly they were not as good a quality. Not firing off shots, just saying.

Unless any of us are setting in the executive suites in Dearborn or a member of the Board, there is no way to know how long the ST's will be in production. I think the chances are good ST life-cycle... as long as Ford holds onto the One Ford concept and the ST's (and RS's) sell in the rest of world...especially in Europe. High performance models and trim levels don't last forever (except maybe for Corvette's and Mustangs for the domestic companies), but I hope they can serve as a "stepping stone" to newer and better high performance models/trim levels. Let's face it, much of the younger gen's are showing us they just are not interested in high performance cars (do a web search for some of the research to support this point) which may make it more difficult to build a business for future ST's. I for one am applauding those car companies that make the case to produce low volume performance cars. I lived through the "good times" of the muscle car era and until the ST's were introduced, thought I would never see the day you could buy a new one again (yep...our ST's are just as exciting as those muscle cars I bought new back in the day).

So, take advantage of the good times and enjoy your Fiesta ST now (or a Focus ST if that's your pick)...even if the good times have an expiration date.

Perry

considering LA Times called it one of their 10 future collector cars from 2013, id say it lasts awhile. Sure its sort of a Niche market car, but many other niche cars that are even further towards just one segment have lasted quite some time.

The SVT Focus is nowhere near what this car is, sadly they were not as good a quality. Not firing off shots, just saying.
And you're absolutely right, Stig--I'm just a natural-born pessimist, I guess.

I kinda hope it lives thru this generation (2-3 years) and that's it.

Who wanted one will have one. They will become desirable for younger people looking for a good used car, therefore the value will stay up. I haven't seen another FiST in my town yet, and I'd like it to stay this way. I like having a car you don't see everywhere and people are not too sure what it is all about. The more they make, people will get used to them and they will ''melt'' in the background. Do you still turn you're head around for a MS3, civic SI's and wrx/sti's? They are awesome cars but they've been around for long enough and we are use to see them on the road.

In 5-10 years, I want people to still wonder what this car is about.

In the end, I have mine and I plan of owning it for a very long time! [lovest]

Long Live my ST!

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Ford has been pretty straight forward and it's fairly easy to predict based on their model launches and discontinued history. Based on that knowledge, I predict a 3-4 year model run. I'd love to see exhaust pipes on both sides of the bumper (instead of single side twins). Older Fiesta STs have the dual exhaust "look" and I much prefer it. I think it would look really good with the existing valence except with a round cut-out on both sides (NO middle exhaust tips in the center like the FoST please!). Factory HIDs would be nice too. Depending on Ford, I will either buy back my Lease at the end (a measly $12,000 owed) OR buy a new improved version of this car if they are still being manufactured. [burnout]

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
I kinda hope it lives thru this generation (2-3 years) and that's it.

Who wanted one will have one. They will become desirable for younger people looking for a good used car, therefore the value will stay up. I haven't seen another FiST in my town yet, and I'd like it to stay this way. I like having a car you don't see everywhere and people are not too sure what it is all about. The more they make, people will get used to them and they will ''melt'' in the background. Do you still turn you're head around for a MS3, civic SI's and wrx/sti's? They are awesome cars but they've been around for long enough and we are use to see them on the road.

In 5-10 years, I want people to still wonder what this car is about.

In the end, I have mine and I plan of owning it for a very long time! [lovest]

Long Live my ST!
Kind of like the old Dodge Shelby Omni GLHS's or Pontiac Skyhawk GT turbo....

Considering that the current Fiesta ST generation is MK7, there will surely be more. I don't know if they will be offered in the US though.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
There is a Gal that has a Pretty Black one she runs down at Black Hawk Farms Beloit IL. in the HSAX series She does OK too :) FYI HSAX= Hi Speed Auto X

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
There is a Gal that has a Pretty Black one she runs down at Black Hawk Farms Beloit IL. in the HSAX series She does OK too :) FYI HSAX= Hi Speed Auto X
They were really nice to drive. I bought a used red '87 Conquest TSi from some guy I didn't know for $5,000. Never got a title for it and got a little spooked so it took a dirt nap.... forever. LMAO! [shameful]

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
I wouldn't mind picking up one of those again as a project car... put a shortblock V-8 in it and some stupid wide 11 inch wide wheels on the back with 335 width tires.. tremec 6 speed.. yada. I still think they look really good for a 25-27 year old car. [clap]

OP
rooSTer

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #18
My favorite one year production truck

just googled it and they made a Dakota sport convertible...

This reminds me of the old Toyota 4runner where you could get a soft top over the rear seats.

Men, those looks like great years to have trucks.