Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Financing: Yes or No

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I have been seeing most order cares take tween 8 -14 weeks .. Depending on holidays and what not. Things should get closer to normal (8-12 wks) barring any unforeseen weather or other natural disasters .. Mine was delayed by two hurricanes and landslides do to rain as well as a Mexican national holiday ..
Be patient it's worth the wait to get what you want...

OP
RDgolfer
Thread Starter #23
I have been seeing most order cares take tween 8 -14 weeks .. Depending on holidays and what not. Things should get closer to normal (8-12 wks) barring any unforeseen weather or other natural disasters .. Mine was delayed by two hurricanes and landslides do to rain as well as a Mexican national holiday ..
Be patient it's worth the wait to get what you want...
I hear you...but maybe something will pop up at a dealership...If I have to wait til the end of April I will have to be committed [putting on bathrobe and slippers]

0% is, in a way, free money. I don't like to take out more lines of credit than necessary but when you get 0% interest, you'd be foolish to pay for the car in cash. I'd easily finance $25K (average selling price of the ST) and invest the $25K. You can realistically get 15% return each year on that investment. Plus, if you decide to buy a home at a future time, then just cash out your investment, pay off the car and be done. You'll come out ahead. Talk to your financial adviser. They'll even tell you to mortgage a home even if you're a millionaire and can easily pay cash for the property. They key is to hold onto as much of your own money and long as you can and invest it so you earn interest on it.
I would be happy to know how you invest and get 15% return........

Ford credit is currently offering an additional $500 off the negotiated price of a new ST. But the rate is not 0%. But you can make your purchase and pay off the Ford Credit loan with a lower cost loan procured elsewhere (assuming decent credit) and pay off the more expensive loan immediately or at any time during the loan period.

OP
RDgolfer
Thread Starter #26
Ford credit is currently offering an additional $500 off the negotiated price of a new ST. But the rate is not 0%. But you can make your purchase and pay off the Ford Credit loan with a lower cost loan procured elsewhere (assuming decent credit) and pay off the more expensive loan immediately or at any time during the loan period.
Hold on....so what is the rate? 1.99%? Can you be more specific? Thanks

Hold on....so what is the rate? 1.99%? Can you be more specific? Thanks
RD! My Ford dealer and Ford Credit had me signed up for 4.67% Way high. I paid this off within a few days and my total interest charge was $25. This was a 5 year loan. The dealership told me I could not pay off the loan for 90 days...which would have netted them $146.00 per month in interest and negated any gain I would enjoy with the additional $500. off on the car. However, the finance agreement states the loan can be paid off at any time.....You go on line to Ford Credit or call them with your account number and they will give you a payoff amount based on receiving payment by a certain date...about 10 days from the time they quote the payoff.

OP
RDgolfer
Thread Starter #28
RD! My Ford dealer and Ford Credit had me signed up for 4.67% Way high. I paid this off within a few days and my total interest charge was $25. This was a 5 year loan. The dealership told me I could not pay off the loan for 90 days...which would have netted them $146.00 per month in interest and negated any gain I would enjoy with the additional $500. off on the car. However, the finance agreement states the loan can be paid off at any time.....You go on line to Ford Credit or call them with your account number and they will give you a payoff amount based on receiving payment by a certain date...about 10 days from the time they quote the payoff.
Gotcha

I took a 3.5% rate at 60 months, and then the dealer got me fords 2014 incentives gave me 2000 off my already Z plan priced off the lot fully loaded ST. Had a few more options than I wanted (moonroof, rado rims) I planned on paying off in 4 years. So I will be saving more money with an interest loan, vs. the 0% I could get with Ford. I did put 4,000 down.

Credit score, 740, 27 years old, single (engaged) homeowner.

I had saved up enough... but they offered me financing at 1.49% for 60 months and no cash deal, so. My mortgage is 2.79%, so I guess I will just throw it against instead.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I couldn't afford the payments.
So I just paid cash.

Dave

I had cash in hand when I went in... but they offered me financing at 1.49% for 60 months and no cash deals, lol. My mortgage is 2.79%, so I will just throw it against instead.

Whatever the maximum score is, that is my credit score, haha
You people in the parries..... have way too much money for your own good :p

airjor13

2000 Post Club
0% for 5 years, $1000 Cash Back, X-plan, 740 Credit, I did roll-over a bit on my trade-in but all in all pretty darn good deal!

You people in the parries..... have way too much money for your own good :p
I am originally from BC, so I am just putting in my time here; it's a hard life, haha

I am so poor compared to most people here, it is scary.

I am originally from BC, so I am just putting in my time here; it's a hard life, haha

I am so poor compared to most people here, it is scary.
but rich to every other province? xD

Just wondering is anyone in canada able to get 0%? *most likely missed it in the other pages...* cause my dealer wouldn't give me 0% only 1.49% >.<;

The deal is (and I think it's for everyone since it appears on tv and newspaper) : 0% from 1 to 6 years financing and 0.99% for 7 and 8 years here in Quebec

but rich to every other province? xD

Just wondering is anyone in canada able to get 0%? *most likely missed it in the other pages...* cause my dealer wouldn't give me 0% only 1.49% >.<;
I saw somebody posting from Quebec with 0% for 72 months or something... that would be a nice deal. I don't really believe it, but it would be a nice deal, lol.

I think Ford directly controls the available financing rate though, 1.49% is still awesome on a high demand car like the Fiesta ST though

Kind of annoying they won't give me a cash price discount though

I saw somebody posting from Quebec with 0% for 72 months or something... that would be a nice deal. I don't really believe it, but it would be a nice deal, lol.

I think Ford directly controls the available financing rate though, 1.49% is still awesome on a high demand car like the Fiesta ST though

Kind of annoying they won't give me a cash price discount though
0% 72 months in quebec here
no idea of the credit score
quite a big roll over from the previous car but got approved anyway so I'm happy with the deal I got

0% 72 months in quebec here
no idea of the credit score
quite a big roll over from the previous car but got approved anyway so I'm happy with the deal I got
Yeah that is a crazy good deal. How did you get them to give you that rate, or was it advertised?