Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New Member in Charlotte, NC!

Hey guys, new member here in North Carolina. Just traded in my 2005 Mustang for a Molten Orange Metallic FiST on Friday. Meant to do an intro sooner, but couldn't get myself out of the car long enough! I will try to get a few pictures uploaded later today, as well as some pictures of my 90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD project car if anyone is interested in that...

Harvick

1000 Post Club
haha welcome to the forums. I was stuck in my car for the first week too.

How does it feel to go from owning a Mustang to a Fiesta?

OP
R
Thread Starter #4
I think the best thing will be getting rid of the stigma of being a "mustang driver"... I did love my mustang, even though it was a v6, but was by no means a mustang elitist. I have respect for all cars, but have always preferred boost to displacement (hence the tsi awd), but the mustang was convenient and handled a lot of abuse with very few mechanical problems..

It did have some sentimental value for me though.. It was the first car I ever autocrossed, so the first event coming up on the first of march will be a bit of a learning curve, going from a heavy rwd car to something light and fwd...

Perry

Welcome! Can't speak for the others, but some pics of the Talon TSi would be nice, too.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Welcome and I had a 11 GT so I understand the stigma thing it was dumb but hey it is what it is...
Glad to have ya and post up any and all of your car history if you want it is more than welcome here :)

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Welcome [welcome]. Yes please share pictures of both cars lol.

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Hey guys, new member here in North Carolina. Just traded in my 2005 Mustang for a Molten Orange Metallic FiST on Friday. Meant to do an intro sooner, but couldn't get myself out of the car long enough! I will try to get a few pictures uploaded later today, as well as some pictures of my 90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD project car if anyone is interested in that...
Welcome to the family! [like]

Welcome and very nice pics, haven't seen an Eagle Talon in years, love to see what you've done.

OP
R
Thread Starter #13
Well unfortunately, it isn't running yet. I got the car about a year and a half ago thinking it just needed a fuel pressure regulator.. Then that turned into a motor with no compression, and it has just snowballed since. It is getting close to running again, but nowhere near "done". So far, it is a stock rebuild (still with balance shafts and all) with a set of Brian crowed 272's and a few other little things. Transmission is rebuilt by jack's transmissions stage 2.1 with double synchro 1st and 2nd gear and a few other minor upgrades. Turbo setup is an hy35 with a .55 ar hot side, which should be getting mounted up in the next few weeks.

Welcome to the fold! Your car is beautiful! That is one sexy color.

I used to have an eclipse GSX, I bought for 800 bucks. It was soooo fun to drive but so prone to breaking. First, it was burning a bit of oil, only at start. First thought was leaking seals but then decided to pull off the hose on the turbo. Nice pool of oil in there. The little 14b was dead. It had major oil coking, and was leaking past it's seals with a decent amount of shaft play. Replaced the turbo with a rebuilt eBay 14b. Then, the axles started clicking around corners, so I replaced the axles in the front with some high quality expensive raxles axles. The boots on the old ones were literally gone, torn off.

Weeks later, I replaced a few other things, and all fluids and pulled the turbo to check on the cartridge. My brother was over helping me clamp down all the hoses and stuff after putting everything back together. Turn the key, car starts!! I drive out of the garage to take it for a test drive. About 800 feet down the road, I get a loud POP, freak the eff out, and see the charge pipe off. It didn't get clamped right. No biggie, I fix that and off I go. Drive about 5 miles, and I notice the low water light on the dash. Wtf? I hop out and water is pouring out the bottom of the engine compartment. Unfortunately, those clamps my brother had been working on weren't put back on right or something. The car overheated and warped the head. Car is now blowing a ton of white smoke and there is water in the oil. At that point, I was done with the GSX. Lol.

Long story I know, but it was always something else breaking every time I fixed it. Every friend that had one had the same problem. We always seemed to be Working on it more than driving it. Having said all that, they are AMAZING platforms for performance, and a blast to drive.

Good luck with your tsi project! Sounds like it'll be bad ass :)

OP
R
Thread Starter #16
Without further delay, my 1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

And of course, the massive hy35 that is about to go on there..

And I will throw in a picture of my dearly departed mustang

and in full autocross mode...

OP
R
Thread Starter #18
tScott, not sure if you are an autocross guy, but there are a few events coming up in the near future in the area.. Triad Sports Car Club is doing one at the UNCG park and ride lot on Feb 23. It is a small space, but the one event I did there was a pretty fun course. Then the next weekend on the 1st, Central Carolina Region is doing one at Zmax Dragway, hands down the best space in the region. Like I said, I am not sure if it is something you are interested in or if you have done it before, but I would be glad to give you a ride along at either event if you want... You will just have to bear with me, since I am sure it will be a bit of a learning curve coming from a heavy rwd car to a light(ish) fwd car..

tScott, not sure if you are an autocross guy, but there are a few events coming up in the near future in the area.. Triad Sports Car Club is doing one at the UNCG park and ride lot on Feb 23. It is a small space, but the one event I did there was a pretty fun course. Then the next weekend on the 1st, Central Carolina Region is doing one at Zmax Dragway, hands down the best space in the region. Like I said, I am not sure if it is something you are interested in or if you have done it before, but I would be glad to give you a ride along at either event if you want... You will just have to bear with me, since I am sure it will be a bit of a learning curve coming from a heavy rwd car to a light(ish) fwd car..
That sounds like fun!!