Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Clearbra on Fiesta ST

Hello. I have a Fiesta ST on order that will be arriving approximately late March/early April. As this will be my daily driver, I plan on having a clearbra protective folm applied to portions of the car. Do folks have any experience or recommendations for areas to cover that are are particularly vulnerable to chips on the Fiesta? My thought would be front fasca/lower bumper area, fog lamps, head lights, hood, A-pillars, side mirror housings, door handle cups, edges of doors, lower side fascia/rocker extensions, rear undertray, and rear bumper. Is this overkill or would you recommend additional areas for coverage? Thanks!

/Rich

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
If you wrap most of the car there is less to wax . But you may want to consider doing the whole hatch and rear bumper as it get Filty dirty within a few days of washing or even one trip down a gravel road because of the way the air flows off the rear it's like a dirt magnet..

Bringing back this old topic those of you that did it how do you like it ? How has it held up so far and aprox what does this cost for the fiesta to have done ? Worth it or not ?

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
I just wish I could have done the front windshield. I have a relatively clean hood with marks only on the clear bra, nothing through the plastic, but lots of tine pock marks all over my front windshield. I only had the lower half of my hood and front end done, so I should have had the upper portion of the hood also done. I have a little mark on that area. I'm picky when it comes to this stuff though, so most would not even notice the upper hood stuff. I'm hoping my windshield gets hit by a rock and cracks so I can get it replaced this year for the deductible.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I have the complete front end done with Xpel.
I am very happy and glad I got it done.
Over a year later and my car looks as good as new.

Dave

Does it protect the paint underneath from the sun rays being that you can't get wax on the paint ? And if you guys wouldn't mind sharing what you had to pay ?

I have had this done on other vehicles and it very effective but can be expensive ($500-$700 for the front and hood on most cars) if you have a lot of area done. I bought some film from Amazon (60ā€X 12ā€) (less then $50) and applied it myself to the front on the hood. I have tried doing it myself before with mixed results but have developed a technique and I can now do simple flat areas, it turned out good on the fiesta hood.

Chris G

I have the complete front end done with Xpel.
I am very happy and glad I got it done.
Over a year later and my car looks as good as new.

Dave
I'm in the same boat. I've had Xpel for about 7 months now and it looks perfect.

I have 3m venture shield and it still looks good after almost 1 year! No dents or nicks in the film. It's an expensive mod to add to your car but if your anal about appearance, it's definitely worth the money. I recommend getting the whole front covered to avoid any unsightly lines. Also, your insurance should pay to replace it if you end up damaging the parts protected by the film ie. having your lower bumper and headlight assemblies demoed by a coyote hit...

koozy

3000 Post Club
I've had it on other cars, but for the Fiesta it isn't necessary or worth it for me. My bumper, hood and mirrors still look good.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I've had it on other cars, but for the Fiesta it isn't necessary or worth it for me. My bumper, hood and mirrors still look good.
That does depend on the roads that you travel.
On my '11 Fiesta SES I had my front bumper repainted 3 times in 2 years.
When I bought the FiST, I said never again.

Dave

Thanks guys I'm pretty ocd so i think I'm going to bite the bullet and get it done. I hate seeing little chips drives me nuts I was just curious how it is washing the car and not waxing and such.