Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

waiting, waiting

hi all,

i ordered my st two months ago, and am now told it will be delivered after a total wait of about 4 months.

while i wait, does anybody have any recommendations for good winter tires? did anybody order the 3m tape protective tape? and if so, how much did it cost. i've been quoted between 350 and 500 by different dealers. sounds high, but doesn't everything......

can't wait to get my new hot hatch!

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Hi James,

I had mine done for $700, but that includes doing the entire hood.

$350-$500 isn't too bad if the do the front bumpers with partial fenders and hood.

Also did you want me to change your username so that it doesn't include your email? I hate for spam bots to pick up your username and then start spamming you.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Welcome and yes enjoy the tire thread as well as ask questions of those that have use their tires this winter .. Trust me once your car is home you will know it was worth the wait .. At least that's how I and most of us here feel..

STooge

Hey man, I got my winter tires and rims from tirerack. I just searched for our car and it pops of under the tab "Basic Steel Wheels". I went with the 15", the 15" steelie on tirerack is actually the spare tire rim so it fits just fine. I also went with blizzaks. Superb for our winter here in Utah. It hasnt been really consistant snow but when it does drop, its pretty good and combination too, snow, rain, ice.... Love the tires in any condition.

Welcome James! I second STooge's recommendation for the steelies with Blizzaks. I used that combination on several cars (both FWD and RWD) when I lived in NE Ohio. They never let me down.

Hello James,

I ordered on Sat. Sept. 21, 2013 - the car was built on Tues. Jan. 28, 2014 - I got my VIN via the dealer on Wed. Feb. 5, 2014 - I expect delivery on Thurs. Feb. 20, 2014. Almost exactly 5 months waiting; will now probably wait till the fall to get the winter tires and rims.

I cannot complain about my deal either; I got the Employee Pricing discount plus an additional $1,000 off; got $4,500 for my trade in of a 2006 Kia Rio5 EX Sport with 135,000 kms. and have subsequently received a coupon for $750 off if purchased by Feb. 28, 2014. This was a steal!

Perry

+1 on the Tire Rack route, though I ended up with Pirelli Winter Carving Edge 1895/60/R15 tires instead of Blizzaks, wrapped around Sports Edition SE-16 wheels, and I've been very happy with 'em in Kansas City and a bit north. The stock tires were worse than lousy on snow/ice, especially if it was very cold. (Stock tires are summer-only and not recommended for anything under about 40F or 5C.) Depending on your location, you might be able to wait until fall to buy winter tires, or perhaps go all-season then.

Well, if you are ordering Blizzaks on Tirerack from Canada, be prepared to shell out a significant premium (~70%) with the duties and taxes. The weak CAD isn't helping matters either. The Pirellis are duty exempt because they are made in NA. You can save a shipping of $100-150 if you make the drive to a recommended installer in Buffalo.