Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Traction Control off

On a recent run through a twisty road, I turned the TC off and on to see what a difference in handling I would see. Other than some tail waggin and maybe a slightly more responsive steering response, I was hard pressed to see what differences there was on a dry and smooth road. Anyone else see major differences on dry pavement. Also did everyone see the comparison on FIFTH GEAR with the Fiesta, Renault and Pugeot (sp),

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Missed the 5th gear thing and have not have time to play on the wet leave covered road around here with TC off yet .. but once the water gets hard and the snow gets plowed I plan on some serious tail waggin....

OP
R
Thread Starter #4
That was only 'Sport' mode I tried holding the bottom down for about 5 sec. but did not get an additional 'Off' icon come up anywhere Will have to practice that if it gets warmer than 40F here. Cold weather and summer tires do not go well together.

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
That was only 'Sport' mode I tried holding the bottom down for about 5 sec. but did not get an additional 'Off' icon come up anywhere Will have to practice that if it gets warmer than 40F here. Cold weather and summer tires do not go well together.
you cant engage full trac. OFF unless its on to begin with, wont work from sport. with trac. full on hold the trac. button and on the screen you'll see the loading bar for FULL AWESOME MODE!.

PS

If you still cant tell the difference your not driving hard enough.[rockon]

sweet. i still haven't tried full off. so just hold the trac button down and a msg will pop up right?

will try it after 1600km, im at 850 already [rockon]

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
there is a msg and a lil bar that scrolls left to right on mine as you hold it but watch for it .. And don't wait try it today to see if it works at least the switch ;) LOL

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
sweet. i still haven't tried full off. so just hold the trac button down and a msg will pop up right?

will try it after 1600km, im at 850 already [rockon]
nice im at 1700 and need to do first oil change. dont wait to try it, you can use it and still not beat on the engine. turn it off to play with the handling.

nice im at 1700 and need to do first oil change. dont wait to try it, you can use it and still not beat on the engine. turn it off to play with the handling.
you're doing your first oil change at 1700? i did read somewhere that the first oil change should be done early and then every 5000km instead the min 8000km max 12000km ford recommends.

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
you're doing your first oil change at 1700? i did read somewhere that the first oil change should be done early and then every 5000km instead the min 8000km max 12000km ford recommends.
im doing my first at 1000miles/1600km and then the manual for the ses says to do it when the change oil light comes on, i haven't read the ST manual yet though.

the stealership told me 5k on the ses but like i said the manual from ford says when light comes on. ill listen to ford HQ before a stealership