Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

ordering in April, ?

I will be ordering an st in April and have some questions. I test drove one that had the recaro seats. After a 20 minute drive my hip area felt like i had a c clamp on me. I want heated seats and can only have them with the recaros. Do these seats break in much? I have yet to see a standard seat st. Can the sunroof option be had with the thulle roof racks? My main concern is the seats, i can do away with the sunroof.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I feel like the HEated Recaro seat relax after a few maybe more than a few miles (couple hundred) Though I only have 2100 miles on mine in 4 months they feel better then new and considering the cold winter I am surprised anything can relax up here ...

I think it all comes down to preference. I am 5'11" and 170lbs and love my Recaros. I have seen people that are 5'6" and 200lbs that love them as well and then people that are 5'2" and 99lbs that hate them and say they're too snug.

OP
R
Thread Starter #4
Yeah, i am 5'8" and weigh 200lbs. I have a very wide frame. I guess i would get them and could sell if they are to confining.

C. love

not to be a dick man but loose some weight. The seats are made for smallish people. Other wise I say don't get them.

I guess it's personal preference. I'm 5'10" and 155pds and love them. I feel they fit me perfectly,and I wanted heated seats badly,they are a must have for me in these winter months here in north NJ/NYC area. I found even on days that are not even cold I put them on bc after a long hard days work (union Ironworker here) they feel like a heated massage on my lower back,I love it [thumb]

-ry

Rich, you are in a bit of trouble. It is good you have tried the Rec's. Folks say they will relax some but, for your size, it may not be enough. All the reviewers of the car love the seats but say you must try them before you buy. Find a Fist with the standard seats and take a spirited road test.
You may be ok with saving $2,000. Per the comments of others here...some folks who would normally fit with them think they are too tight..while some who just plain don't really fit are ok with them!
The problem with heated seats is once you have them you never want to go back.....its like going from color tv to black and white! How many more FiST's would be sold with the standard seat if they were heated........along with the mirrors.

It's all personal preference and how much you weigh plays a big part,I love my recaros [twothumb],and I feel it really makes the interior appearance of the car a lot better. I'm 5'10" 155pds. I did sit in the regular seats and it was cool they still had the ST logo on them but they had literally no support on the bottom part of the seat imo.

-ry

OP
R
Thread Starter #10
Loose weight? Funny how people say or post things without knowing. I have a wide frame and lift weights. I live in Norteastern U S and would like the heated seats.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Get the recaro's or not its up to you but i would think about ordering your car sooner as it is about 12 weeks most times to get it built and shipped give or take depending on when you want it if the dealer says 6 to 8 weeks LOL at him ... they are slow getting here and slow getting built from what I have seen.. When do you want the car here by ??

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Was going to order in April. As long as i have it by summer.
Ok summer as in June 21 or when it warms up and feels like summer ? AKA July 15th and 16th here in Wisconsin LOL But this year who know when it will warm up by us... Hope your weather is better ;)

OP
R
Thread Starter #14
Warm today but the northeast has been cold this winter. Fine by me, we were due for a normal winter. Snowmobiling has been great.

C. love

Loose weight? Funny how people say or post things without knowing. I have a wide frame and lift weights. I live in Norteastern U S and would like the heated seats.
I could argue the shit out of this comment, but I wont. Why not save the 2500 get some seats made for a "wide frame" person? You can get sparco, momo, cobra, etc etc for about a 1000 a pair (or more if you want better materials or fancier seats), some I believe you can get with seat heaters. For the record I am about 190 and 6'2 I fit great with room to spare.

LyleShmeh

Hey man, I'm brand new on here. Made a profile to let you know there are companies that will leather up your car, like CSP (Car Stereo Plus) for around $1,299 at a dealer (cost is only $7-800) and heat the seats for 300/piece (cost is pretty close to that). I work at a Honda dealership in Georgia! That's how I know. Cool thing is, when you custom your own leather, you get to choose flat/perforated, color, and stitching color. Pretty sweet if you ask me- I also am 6'2 215lbs and lift. Only tried the factory seats- from what I hear, I'm not even INTERESTED in seeing how the Recaros fit!

You guys should really try the recaros. I'm 5'10" 225 and love em... I think its personal preference not just based on size

OP
R
Thread Starter #18
I was able to try the stock seats and within an hour the recaro seats. Stocks seats by far for me were more comfortable. In the
recaros my back would not hit the back of the seat. I would have to push against the steering wheel and slouch my shoulders. I give up heated seats for comfort. I do a lot of driving from Mass to Maine. I will say the first st i drove the recaros seem a little better.

OP
R
Thread Starter #19
Found my car, pick it up on Tuesday. 2014 red without recaros. Wanted white or silver then black. I could have waited for a 2015 but i would have lost some incentives. Besides the red looked sharp in person.
In a side note i saw my first fiesta st on the road today. It was silver and after seeing that i would have got that over the white. Good looking car.