Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune High Flow Induction Hose for the Fiesta ST

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Anyone noticed Mountune released their high flow induction hose, this replaces the stock factory hose. Price is $189.00. If you combine this ($189.00) with their intake ($299.00), its a $500 intake system haha.

Harvick

1000 Post Club
$500 is really pricey for an intake. I would like to support Mountune but there's so many other companies out there producing cheaper products with the same results.

Perry

Mountune claims that bench testing shows 35% more air flow than stock hose. Whether that translates into significant increase in air delivery in real world is debatable, I think. I'd love to see some on-engine testing that measures air flow and dyno with just the hose swap, and then perhaps with hose and intake.

I can't imagine it would make that big of a difference on forced induction. I do like js performance red kit though.....

kevinatfms

The JS Performance hose is a nice kit. Im thinking of making my own optimized intake with a 3" fresh air duct plumbed into the stock box, the JS performance silicone hose kit and the K&N i already have.

The JS Performance hose is a nice kit. Im thinking of making my own optimized intake with a 3" fresh air duct plumbed into the stock box, the JS performance silicone hose kit and the K&N i already have.
Notice any changes in induction noise by installing the JS hose?

kevinatfms

Haven't ordered it yet. Have all the pieces ready for the 3" induction tube into the stock box.
Gonna try this weekend, I hope.

Haven't ordered it yet. Have all the pieces ready for the 3" induction tube into the stock box.
Gonna try this weekend, I hope.
Keep us updated, please! I want to add an intake only for the sound it'll add, but I don't like the idea of the open element kits and their lack of good heat shielding. And intakes like CPe, Cobb, etc are out of my price range. So I'm considering the upgraded induction hose coupled with a high flow panel filter (probably green) and I'm interested in knowing if it adds any more induction noise.

Adding a "high flow" panel filter such as Green, K&N, etc.. adds a little noise. I just also installed a Mountune air box as well as a JS Performance induction tube which is very similar to the Mountune hose. This set up with a tune is considerably louder over stock. I think most of the sound is from the extra fresh air opening in the Mountune box. I don't think the tube itself will add sound. The tune as well made a big difference as now there is more boost so you hear the factory diverted releasing a lot more.

I bought mine CPO, so I'm not sure if the previous owner swapped panels though when I looked at it it looked stock. I mention that because if the windows are down and radio off, I can hear the turbo spool a bit as well as the diverter valve between shifts which to me seemed uncommon for a stock vehicle. However, I've never owned a performance oriented turbo charged vehicle just a people hauler.

That's really the only sound I'm looking for tbh. In my Passat I had a high flow intake, relocated the DV to after the intercooler, and used an MBC to crank the boost from 6.5psi to 12, it made some fun noises.