Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rear Engine Mount

Decided my first buy will be a rear engine mount. Seems I have the same problem, I did with my MS3. I shifted out of anger, the other day, and the engine torqued hard enough to hit the firewall. Same thing happened to me in the MS3, and the mount solved the issue. Was a quick, 20 minute, install.

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Decided my first buy will be a rear engine mount. Seems I have the same problem, I did with my MS3. I shifted out of anger, the other day, and the engine torqued hard enough to hit the firewall. Same thing happened to me in the MS3, and the mount solved the issue. Was a quick, 20 minute, install.
A common problem with the Focus ST from what I have read on other forums.
I would be interested to know how changing to a stiffer mount affects NVH. Please let us know how changing this mount affects performance when you done the change out and a little testing CivicAssassin.

OP
C
Thread Starter #3
Can't speak for the FiST. But, on my MS3, the mount had little to no effect on the vibes. And, seemed to help out the shift to second when under a load. As well as eliminating the loud "thunk" you'd get sometimes, when shifting to second flat-footed.

Is it only when shifting hard that it will hit the firewall? I remember when the Focus ST came out everyone seemed to be hitting the firewall but perhaps that was due to the larger amount of torque?

I know buddies who have used stiffer motor mounts said that it made a noticeable difference but that was in the Subaru world so again a different platform.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
COBB had one on their SEMA car I thought I read or at the least the are developing one ...

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
NICE find and its a FAST shade of blue !! at least in the pic should add .03% HP and a staggering Honda like .003% Tq :) But really good find and my bank account hates you LOL more stuff added to the list

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
NICE find and its a FAST shade of blue !! at least in the pic should add .03% HP and a staggering Honda like .003% Tq :) But really good find and my bank account hates you LOL more stuff added to the list
also i wont tell finance comity.

Also 2014 Honda Civic si pumps an incredible 174lbs/ft of torque up from last years 170. out of it giant 2.4l and 205 hp up from 201 last year.

Sekred

1000 Post Club

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
also i wont tell finance comity.

Also 2014 Honda Civic si pumps an incredible 174lbs/ft of torque up from last years 170. out of it giant 2.4l and 205 hp up from 201 last year.
And it looks like a new 2015 WRX that is sad .... But I do like the shifter in the Si that we test drove last year ... Rest of the car got a "Meh" from us ...

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
Good find, I want one right now!. Looks great, anyway whats a Ford Fucus ST?, Chinese version?

Application :

2013 Ford Fucus St
2014 Ford Fucus St
2014 Ford Fiesta St
If you are serious, the Focus ST is a larger hatch back that runs a 2.0T here in North America.

Sekred

1000 Post Club
If you are serious, the Focus ST is a larger hatch back that runs a 2.0T here in North America.
No worries Dan, I was trying to be funny. Maybe my dry sense of humour is hard to take at times. The turbo Focus is available in Australia too.
I am serious about the engine mount. It answers my questions about the NVH and it looks well designed.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
No worries bub .. I got the humor and thanks for the smile :)
Being as your not from around here yes Cobb has A good rep and loyal following from many gear heads .