Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rear wheel wells

Just noticed my rear wheel wells are carpet? Is this standard? Should there not be any plastic like the front ones? Could someone post a pic of their rear wheel wells.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Ford uses the carpeted fender liner for noise reduction.

STooge

I'm not from Canada obviously but here in Utah I've survived 1 winter and 5 or 6 winters in Wyoming. I think they'll be alright.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Carpet with a gap at the fender be fun to see how much crud gets tossed up there over the salty winter here in Wi.

STooge

That's the only thing I've noticed with my SVT i have had to clean mine out a few times during winter to keep the tires from rubbing too bad on the ice and such. Although my svt is lowered a bit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Search function works! I have a 2014 I bought in June. I have 10,000 miles and noticed a "bubble" behind my rear tire. I looked at it closer and can't believe their is carpet their. It is already sagging. Any fix from ford?

Is it a carpet in top of the standard fender well? Could it be removed for weight reduction for a track car?

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Is it a carpet in top of the standard fender well? Could it be removed for weight reduction for a track car?
Yes it pops out rather easy though it is not that heavy I have taken mine out with no ill effects and I don't have to worry about it blowing out at track speed..

I would assume it would have no more effect on NVH than swapping out the RMM. I may consider removing mine for a test this week.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I am replacing my carpet with some areas being sprayed but mostly with Ensolite foam as it does not absorb moisture, peal and stick and works really well. My fenders are rolled as much as I can without cutting and welding but I can run my 225/45/15 DOT race tires without rubbing but I have a bigger gap for crap to get into and they do rub the carpet a bit so it has to go.

I am in Utah as well, 9th winter coming up, I seldom drive when really bad out as worked from home for the last 15 years(two of those barely worked as retired from my business) when I do have to drive on the overly salted roads here I always wash the car and spray the bottom off as soon as I can and had zero issues.

I bought the FiST to be a year round car but my wife loves it so much and after 7 months of working on it she does not want me to drive it in bad weather, she loves the little bugger.

My wife is more "car guy" than most "car guys" but always in a great way, I am very lucky in that department:)

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
If you want to do the work, clean very well, if cool out warm it up a bit, carefully applied, rubbed in well.....search for PS Ensolite, incredible stuff, I have used it for 15+ years and when running my business sold hundreds of thousands of yards of it. The original version is a thermal/acoustical foam developed for the space program by NASA and is fire retardant. It is the key element in low weight cost effective sound deadening any kind of vehicle and many more uses.

This info is just that, info, there is nothing better I have ever found and like to make sure others know about it.

I was thinking about just using rubberized under coating to cover everything and prevent rust and vibrations. Possibly even a rhino liner or something thin but protective. I'm in Mississippi and I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen salt on the roads in my entire lifetime so corrosion from salt isn't bad, but gravel and debris can cause some major damage under constant running on gravel roads and back roads.