Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST Winter Tires, Lets hear what you think

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
wow those are close looking ... love the Hak7 with studs you will not need roadside assistance for weather issues LOL

I'm sorry for the bad pics but for anyone who wanted to know how 15in looks, well there it is. Setup is 185/60r15, the steel wheel p/n is different for the ST model v.s. Reg Fiesta's. so be aware, if you get some, and make sure the shop order the right wheels.

Front wheel, you can see that the caliper barely has enough clearance.

Rear wheel ;

Thanks for the pictures. I think I will go with the 185's. Not that we get a ton of snow here - but narrow tyres cut into it better than wide ones. If I can get the correct rims.....

It is an easy formula to find if your tire will rub or not. 195/60/15 The 60 is the percentage of sidewall height to overall width. Once you find it, convert the diameter of the rim from inches to mm. (60 percent of 195) Then multiply the result of the sidewall height x 2 then add the rim size in mm for total. The original wheel and tire height for the Fiesta ST is 595.8 , my winter comes to 615mm. 2 cm total height difference. The tire rides one centimetre higher than the original sidewall or .787" higher.

Thanks man, they look great..reminds me of the AMG wheels.
Oh yeah, thanks, just noticed! lol

I noticed another owner who bought a steel wheel on here where his rims barely fit and may rub. Be careful of the rim size, so many different steel wheel sizes on the inside of the rim based on design. make sure you have enough brake clearance before buying. (even some alloys) as if you get a rock trapped in there, yikes!

YIN

I'm sorry for the bad pics but for anyone who wanted to know how 15in looks, well there it is. Setup is 185/60r15, the steel wheel p/n is different for the ST model v.s. Reg Fiesta's. so be aware, if you get some, and make sure the shop order the right wheels.
Thank you for your post.
But I found part number is the same if choose 16 inch steel wheel.

TPMS shouldn't be a problem with any wheel as the stock ford ones screw into a rubber style valve stem. I'm going with Blizzak WS60's as well on stock rims, narrower and taller would be better, but so be it.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Anyone know if our cars monitor all 4 tires? Funny thing was last week I was driving around on 3 new wheels w/o TPMS and 1 stock wheel and my TPMS didn't go off. If this is the case can't we theoretically install a TPMS on the spare and not have to worry about the sensor going off anymore?

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I think it reads ALL 4 that's why you need to "Retrain" them or so they say. My personal experience with TPMS is this my car is parked in the garage near the summer tires and I run winter tires without sensors.. I need to drive with engine running of course for over 20 minutes before the TPMS picks up the light on the dash if I do stop and go driving like to the store and shut off then restart and go elsewhere OR when I go to work it is a 10 min drive and then the car sits at work for 12+ hrs. the TPMS will not alarm.. So I did a little test last month and went for a lazy midday drive thru the country till my TPMS did come on (about 30 min into the drive) Once back home near the tires It reset .. I did shut the car off after the alarm came in but I can't recall for sure if the TPMS clear and came back on the drive or if it stayed in.. PITA getting old eh ?? LOL

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
I think it reads ALL 4 that's why you need to "Retrain" them or so they say. My personal experience with TPMS is this my car is parked in the garage near the summer tires and I run winter tires without sensors.. I need to drive with engine running of course for over 20 minutes before the TPMS picks up the light on the dash if I do stop and go driving like to the store and shut off then restart and go elsewhere OR when I go to work it is a 10 min drive and then the car sits at work for 12+ hrs. the TPMS will not alarm.. So I did a little test last month and went for a lazy midday drive thru the country till my TPMS did come on (about 30 min into the drive) Once back home near the tires It reset .. I did shut the car off after the alarm came in but I can't recall for sure if the TPMS clear and came back on the drive or if it stayed in.. PITA getting old eh ?? LOL
That makes sense. I guess I didn't drive far enough for the TPMS to trigger.

The 205/40/17 Blizzaks on the stock rims do well through 3-4 inches of snow & slop up here in WI. Too bad it takes forever for the heater to actually blow hot air...but I'll make the frigid sacrifice and grin & bear it.