Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST Sound Symposer

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
For those who are curious this is what the Sound Symposer looks like on the Fiesta ST. Instead of other brands which feeds the sound through the car's speakers, Ford uses this tube to feed the sound into the Fiesta ST's cabin.

Special thanks to Fiesta Agent mberenis for the pictures.

I was worried about that. But, the sound isn't a constant thing. It only comes into the cabin when you're accelerating, somewhere at about 1/4 throttle. The sound is nice.

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thread Starter #3
Yeah and if it bothers you, you can always just unplug it lol.

Look like they did it a similar way that we see on the Subaru BRZ/Scion FRS. A lot of guys just yank it out and plug it after they've put on an intake and exhaust.

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thread Starter #6
Look like they did it a similar way that we see on the Subaru BRZ/Scion FRS. A lot of guys just yank it out and plug it after they've put on an intake and exhaust.
Very cool and welcome to the community.[welcome]

You guys plan on doing a Fiesta ST build?

Very cool and welcome to the community.[welcome]

You guys plan on doing a Fiesta ST build?
Thanks

I'm tempted and have visited my local dealer recently. I've owned 20+ Subarus since 2000 and thinking it might be time to venture out and get a fun little car that can also get better mileage than my 16-17 mpg that I see with either my 2006 LGT or 2006 Dodge 2500 Diesel. The BRZ/FRS are nice, but just not pactical with 2 children ;-) And I like where Ford is going lately, I think it could compliment our business without going to all makes. My justification.. both Subaru and Ford have Blue ovals ;-)

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thread Starter #8
LOL yeah never noticed Subaru also has a blue oval. But yeah it would be a nice compliment to the business to include a Ford in the mix. Seems a few well known Subaru/Import tuners are getting into the Ford market. First with the Focus ST and now the Fiesta ST which is great for us owners.

I'm looking forward to seeing what builds are going to happen this year at SEMA.

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Thats really neat. I didn't realize the symposer was located right there.

STooge

Yeah and if it bothers you, you can always just unplug it lol.
GREAT news. I was worried it would bother me, as I like my cars quiet. If it isn't too loud I'll keep it, but if I can't talk over it I will remove it quick fast.
You could also figure out how to put in your own switch. On when you want, Off when you get annoyed...

This is not a post about how the BRZ sucks, it really doesn't. I was on the fence about which car to buy. The FiST was more fun more of the time on the test drive, so I went that direction. That being said, the reason the BRZ/FRS guys disconnect the sound tube is because as impressive as that engine is, it sounds like crap. The induction noise of the 1.6L EcoBoost sounds great amplified, at least to me. I planned on taking it out as soon as did the Cobb Stage 2 or Monotune intercooler upgrade. I think I might just leave it though.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
ya I took mine out and just fashioned a plug for the hose in the charge pipe it was just a ugly black plastic box in my way plus I am lead to believe the Levels hard Charge air pipes will delete it anyway so there is that too..
Took car for a drive and i must say I like it better without as now I only here the soft music of the catted 2J-Racing turbo back exhaust .... nice ..

airjor13

2000 Post Club
I removed mine completely, the tube and everything, I plugged it with this rubber thingy! Hated the random intake noise.

can you post a picture of what it looks like? I'm guessing you installed a rubber plug? but where? pics would help greatly! I appreciate it.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
can you post a picture of what it looks like? I'm guessing you installed a rubber plug? but where? pics would help greatly! I appreciate it.
I should have took some pictures when I removed my airbox / battery tray, but its essentially pull the cheap tube thingy out of the box coming of the charge pipes, then under the battery tray, pull the cheap tube thingy from the other tube thingy going to the firewall, once you get under there, you will see what I mean!

I used a rubber plug to plug the square box coming off the charge pipes.