Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

HID kit for US ST

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Anyone here put aftermarket HID lights yet? If so can you take some pics of how they look at night?

OP
S

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
I dont see why not. As long as you get H11 balast, connectors and bulbs. Its the projector lense that's not available yet.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

So if you just happened to be in England and had room in your suitcase you could pick up the right equipment ..

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
I dont see why not. As long as you get H11 balast, connectors and bulbs. Its the projector lense that's not available yet.

Yeah any H11 kit will work. Thankfully for us we have the same headlights as the standard Fiestas and you can find lots of videos on youtube.

[video=youtube;LdnGWhonABg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdnGWhonABg[/video]

Removal looks real simple too.
[video=youtube;ZtaYLAg5Pu8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtaYLAg5Pu8[/video]

T

takuarc

Please consider other drivers

Why not to convert to HID in a Halogen housing

Basically, unless you are going to do a proper retrofit with a housing (or projector) designed for a HID bulb, you are only scattering light around and blinding others.
+1

We got a lot of those in our country together with misaligned headlamps... one of the most dangerous mods you can do both to yourself and others...
Invest in a set of proper hid projectors from trs rather. They are more expensive but they will surely be safer for both you and others.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

+1

we got a lot of those in our country together with misaligned headlamps... One of the most dangerous mods you can do both to yourself and others...
Invest in a set of proper hid projectors from trs rather. They are more expensive but they will surely be safer for both you and others.

Sent from my gt-n7100 using tapatalk
trs?

T

takuarc

The retrofit source dot com

Ok got an email from trs and it would be a bodge job. Cutting up the back of the headlight housing to make projectors fit. Is there no way to get a set of lights from the European market? It should be a straight bolt in of parts and wiring.

OP
S

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #11
Just wait it out. Next year hopefully by the 1 quarter we stary to see aftermarket products.

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Ok got an email from trs and it would be a bodge job. Cutting up the back of the headlight housing to make projectors fit. Is there no way to get a set of lights from the European market? It should be a straight bolt in of parts and wiring.
I was told the wiring on the European STs are different from ours because they use an H7 bulb.

T

takuarc

I was told the wiring on the European STs are different from ours because they use an H7 bulb.
Yip. Eventhough the manual and Osram website both say H11b, it came with H7. The stock bulb is a phillips made by the way.

I don't see what the big deal is with HID lights. The regular headlights look fine to me. Certianly not worth spending hundreds of dollars for.

T

takuarc

I don't see what the big deal is with HID lights. The regular headlights look fine to me. Certianly not worth spending hundreds of dollars for.
As much as videos don't do them justice, go watch some youtube video comparisons between hid and halogen output and you will see what the fuzz is all about.

STooge

I agree to just wait for projectors.
As well, this is something that can wait for all of us I think. It will be cheaper, easier and safer i think if we wait for someone to bring out a projector at least.

But, if you can't wait and want to spend more money. I did a small amount of poking around and found this on another forum, I hope that is ok, if not please let me know.

There is information and a link to a forum for just HIDs. This gives you all the reasons to wait and all the ways/reasons to do it right if you cannot wait.