Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

WestcoaST - New Perf Blue FiST owner

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Welcome! Performance Blue really is the best color for these.

I'm from Anaheim.
If you're on FB, join the SoCal Focus/Fiesta group so we can coordinate a little better.

Regarding your mileage: I experienced the same thing and it went up to where it is supposed to be after about 1100mi or so.

Intake and exhaust are wise to wait on until more options are available. A Cobb AP V3 is a great investment and also the biggest gain - and less money than an intake. Largely because it disables torque truncation in 1, 2 and R - in addition to the extra 30lbft of torque the AP's 91 Stage I tune allows- also running that tune, my mileage actually improved on the highway

OP
W

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #22
I'm looking at the Cobb tuner, but I promised myself I'd do only non-performance mods until I've paid for all my Mustang mods. Its a 2011 3.7L that will be supercharged to 700+ HP. Engine's being blueprinted, balanced with forged internals. Ported polished heads, billet oil pump gears, flowed intake, Stroked crank, custom cams, valves, and springs. Lots to still do and pay for.

Questions about polishing. I first washed the car with Adams car wash soap I use a manual foamer. Then I blow it dry with a metro air dryer. Then I pull my car inside the garage. I mask the plastic parts that I do not want to get polisher on. I use 3M edge retention blue tape. It is a low residue tape. I use Girots clay with their recommended clay bar spray. Then I do an isopropyl wipe. I next use Wolfgang total swirl remover with a lakeside tangerine pad. I have a Girots 6" buffer with the long extension cord. Then I Isopropyl alcohol wipe with a microfiber towel. Then I use blackfire gloss enhancing polish or wolfgang finishing glaze, another iso wipe, then Blackfire crystal seal. I pull all tape, then iso wipe the plastic, then use pre-wow and wow to finish off the plastic. For wheels and glass I use sonax products.

Autogeek.net and detailers domain are good places to pick this stuff up. Try out the small samples for 4 - 6 bucks before you spend lots of money on any product. They also have free samples.

OP
W

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #24
I'm an engineer, so I'm really picky when it comes to my cars. The rest of the family's cars, except my daughters, are always dirty. I take care of them mechanically, but its up to them to keep them clean. She takes after her old man. Same thing with the engine and mechanicals. I'm old, so it takes me longer to do stuff (60), but I still enjoy wrenching and getting my hands dirty. It's my only hobby nowadays. I have a 4 car garage, but two of the spaces are taken up with my mustang and stuff I'm working on.

Perry

I'm looking at the Cobb tuner, but I promised myself I'd do only non-performance mods until I've paid for all my Mustang mods. Its a 2011 3.7L that will be supercharged to 700+ HP. Engine's being blueprinted, balanced with forged internals. Ported polished heads, billet oil pump gears, flowed intake, Stroked crank, custom cams, valves, and springs. Lots to still do and pay for.

Questions about polishing. I first washed the car with Adams car wash soap I use a manual foamer. Then I blow it dry with a metro air dryer. Then I pull my car inside the garage. I mask the plastic parts that I do not want to get polisher on. I use 3M edge retention blue tape. It is a low residue tape. I use Girots clay with their recommended clay bar spray. Then I do an isopropyl wipe. I next use Wolfgang total swirl remover with a lakeside tangerine pad. I have a Girots 6" buffer with the long extension cord. Then I Isopropyl alcohol wipe with a microfiber towel. Then I use blackfire gloss enhancing polish or wolfgang finishing glaze, another iso wipe, then Blackfire crystal seal. I pull all tape, then iso wipe the plastic, then use pre-wow and wow to finish off the plastic. For wheels and glass I use sonax products.

Autogeek.net and detailers domain are good places to pick this stuff up. Try out the small samples for 4 - 6 bucks before you spend lots of money on any product. They also have free samples.
Wow. And I don't mean that derisively. That's just the best/most detailed detailing regimen I've ever heard of. If you every walk out into your garage and feel the urge to do the same sort of thing on a Race Red FiST that just mysteriously showed up in there, go ahead. I won't mind! [thumb]

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
I would love to see a step by step tutorial on your detailing technique

OP
W

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #28
Blackfire has a DVD on their products, as does Girots. Lots of good info on autogeek.net. Amazon or ebay for the microfiber towels (they all come from China or Japan, 400 - 600 thread count is best) Yes, it takes about 18 hours, two days do do a first detail right, but after that, only a wash, dry, and finishing spray, exterior plastics, interior wipe, windows, wheels, and tailpipe. Then a washing of the microfiber towels (cold water with microfiber soap, low temp dry) and we're done for the week. I do a yearly detail. No car washes, and no dealer washes ever, from that point . Both Fords cleaned.