Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Intercooler pipe upgrade.

bland

Still don't have a fist, and had my eyes on a veloster turbo, but from everything I'm reading, this car is really winning out on every point.

This could be a very cheap upgrade if someone starts making this part (It's just a pipe) and could get a nice little HP bump.

On the VT forums, they make a straight pipe to cut out a resonator in the intercooler pipe. Seems they even have dyno graphs showing a nice little gain up top. It seems the fist uses a similar pipe, but it is a bit longer so it might be more difficult to produce.

Post on the VT forum.

http://www.velosterturbo.org/forum/...385-intercooler-pipe-mod-torkpipe-review.html

Dyno graph

http://www.velosterturbo.org/forum/...r-pipe-mod-torkpipe-review-10.html#post104512

Picture I found under the fist. It appears to come right off the turbo, and the intercooler is right after it.

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
I've been reading that the bottleneck on our cars is moreso the turbo outlet size.

Hi guys we have done big boost pipes now for a year or so these only make a difference when you run a bigger turbo combo
On stock code there is no gain to be found

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Replaced the turbo compressor out-let pipe with a hard pipe made by my friendly local exhaust shop.
I have been thinking of replacing this pipe for a while but decided to wait and see what turned up with the new batch of silicon hoses that were coming. Didn't like any of them and couldn't wait any longer for a hard pipe set-up plus the import cost kills me here in OZ.

Turbo expander.jpg

Turbo hot pipe.1.jpg

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Haven't taken it for a drive yet. Its raining at the moment so I using the wife's car, lol.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
That came out looking really good. Curious to get your feedback on any improvements.

Looks great. So is that new pipe hard to the touch,or is it like the regular rubbery type hoses?

-ry

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Well I took the ST for a good drive today, city and expressway to test out the pipe. I did not notice a lot of difference, the lag I was worried about did not seem to be present once the engine reached operating temp, if anything, it felt stronger tipping the throttle in from low revs-go figure. It did seem to sing more above 5000rpm. Plenty of WOT in 3-6 gear. I am happy with the pipe, its staying put.
I also had the sound sym disconnected so there was considerably less noise, noise = power you know, lol.

XuperXero

Any chances of dyno? You can always ease those placebo effects that way.

Sekred

1000 Post Club
No dyno run, cost becomes a concern probably around $80 for 3 pulls. Makes for an expensive intercooler pipe and the percentage gains if any would be small, throttle responds is hard to pick up as well.

XuperXero

^Nice... Sounds like it might be worth to invest in Mountunes silicone intercooler pipe replacement.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
This thread and then ATP's unit got me inspired so I built my own as had parts here to work with, thanks:)

I would hold off on the silicone replacement parts, let Cobb, ATP, have some time and see what they do as there might not be a real need, if so then spend the money on something that makes a worthwhile difference like a low weight battery, lighter wheels, after or before you have done the bolt on and tuning you desire on your car.

Not naming any specific company but the mod world is full of expensive unneeded parts made to sell to make money but do little else so spend wisely, go faster;)

me32

1000 Post Club
based on ATP pic. looks like we could gain with a 2in piping al the way through