Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

1.6l ecoboost oil control system fiesta st

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
https://www.mountuneusa.com/1-6L-EcoBoost-Oil-Control-System-Fiesta-ST-p/2364-oc-aa.htm

Fiesta ST 2013 - 2017 1.6L EcoBoost Oil Control System.

The mountune Oil Control System includes an engineered baffled oil sump insert developed by mountune?s racing division that features one-way gates and diverters to maintain oil supply around the oil pump pick up. Easily mounts to existing locations and includes required fasteners.

Validated under extreme conditions, the mountune Oil Control System is perfect for track day use or other hard driving conditions.

• CNC Laser cut stainless steel plate
  • High temp NBR one way valves
  • Includes mounting hardware
  • Can be installed with engine in car- oil pan/sump not included.

Recall the Milltek Sport Lite Blox Fiesta ST build for racing in Europe. Some of you may remember the video of it catching fire on the track. After repair, they ended up frying the engine due to oil starvation in the corners.

http://www.bridgetogantry.com/vln2-picking-up-the-pieces/#more-4016

This is probably a required part for extreme extended racing.

These were also the guys that determined our engine only needs for pistons for high-hp builds; the stock con-rods are more than up for the job.

PhoenixM3

Recall the Milltek Sport Lite Blox Fiesta ST build for racing in Europe. Some of you may remember the video of it catching fire on the track. After repair, they ended up frying the engine due to oil starvation in the corners.

http://www.bridgetogantry.com/vln2-picking-up-the-pieces/#more-4016

This is probably a required part for extreme extended racing.

These were also the guys that determined our engine only needs for pistons for high-hp builds; the stock con-rods are more than up for the job.
I can't deny this may part will be useful for modified cars. Coolant temperatures are the only problem that I experienced last Summer at the 'Ring. We did a dozen laps in my stock suspension, stock tired '15 ST and only got high water temp alarm on the final lap. The Nurburgring has some awesome long sweepers, but I doubt we'd reach the g forces high enough to cause oil starvation.

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
I went ahead and ordered one of these for my build. My home track is willow springs raceway which has some serious high speed corners (7,8&9). Since my motor is out being built right now I figured this is cheap insurance.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

TemecFist

I went ahead and ordered one of these for my build. My home track is willow springs raceway which has some serious high speed corners (7,8&9). Since my motor is out being built right now I figured this is cheap insurance.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Did you ever get to installing this? How was it?

Thanks

TemecFist

He sold the car after some setbacks and moved into the mustang world I do believe.....he does sometimes make an appearance on the Forum just to say what is up!
Thanks for the update. I was trying to get some feedback on the install process. One of the reviews on Mountunes website said you had to sand/file the pan. šŸ˜³ I was just trying to confirm this or not.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
That's a pricey piece. Is there any difference between that and the Mountune one?
I've not had a Mountune in my hands but they seem very similar.
Price isn't bad really, there is shipping cost to bring things into the US from the UK.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
I wonder how necessary this is. Considering alot of people track their FiSTs I never see this on the mod list.

TemecFist

I wonder how necessary this is. Considering alot of people track their FiSTs I never see this on the mod list.
To be fair.....I've seen ALOT of unnecessary stuff on a "mod list". Lmao. A lot of people buy a bunch of bs just to add to a mod list.
Stratified toasted a motor due to oil starvation. I think it also depends on what type of tracks you run. For AX, it wont matter, but for bigger tracks with long sweepers it will definitely help. Worst case scenario, it's a piece of mind.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
To be fair.....I've seen ALOT of unnecessary stuff on a "mod list". Lmao. A lot of people buy a bunch of bs just to add to a mod list.
Stratified toasted a motor due to oil starvation. I think it also depends on what type of tracks you run. For AX, it wont matter, but for bigger tracks with long sweepers it will definitely help. Worst case scenario, it's a piece of mind.
Just how sticky the gumballs are you are using also has a bearing on whether or not this part is needed on those long sweepers. [wink]

If your setup is that radical/grippy, a full on dry sump system would/could be necessary at some tracks.[driving]

TemecFist

Just how sticky the gumballs are you are using also has a bearing on whether or not this part is needed on those long sweepers. [wink]

If your setup is that radical/grippy, a full on dry sump system would/could be necessary at some tracks.[driving]
100% agree!!!! I'm running Toyo r888r's right now. I've pulled 1.5 lateral g's so far dialing the suspension in.

Last edited:

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Id like to get one once i start building an engine for the car. ( which to be honest is probably going to be a mountune or something similar crate engine)