Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

1.8l-2.0l stroker kit

xxiaze

So what’s up with some 1.6l EcoBoost stroker kits? Can anyone source parts for some displacement? I think it would be rad, and I know the 2.0l focus buff is a thing... I can’t find any results for the fiesta though. Can anyone enlighten me?

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
HAD THIS CAR FOR ALMOST THREE YEARS NOW

NEVER HEARD OF ANYTHING LIKE THIS. MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO FIND ANYTHING CAUSE THERE IS NOTHING

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #5
HAD THIS CAR FOR ALMOST THREE YEARS NOW

NEVER HEARD OF ANYTHING LIKE THIS. MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO FIND ANYTHING CAUSE THERE IS NOTHING
Correct.... that’s why I’m asking for more information. I’ve emailed Brian Crower to see if he is willing to chew on the idea of a kit for this motor. He does make them for the 2.0l so i don’t think it’s a stretch. I believe a custom crank is all that would be needed primarily. Can source rod lengths myself for order. Crank will be hardest part if no one is willing to make a kit. If we ask, people make... if there’s a demand or market it can/will be done.

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #7
I think that Adam at Tune+ is working on something...
That’s what’s up, do you have an source for this? Or just straight hear say? Would be great if he could chime in even... not sure if he’s in these forums.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
That’s what’s up, do you have an source for this? Or just straight hear say? Would be great if he could chime in even... not sure if he’s in these forums.
Straight hearsay. Ron has hinted at it and I think that I read something on FB about Adam doing the work.

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #9
Straight hearsay. Ron has hinted at it and I think that I read something on FB about Adam doing the work.
Sounds plausible for sure. Hopefully something of it comes to fruition by the time I need to rebuild. I’m quite a ways out on it anyways but trying to be proactive on something that isn’t currently available to make it happen by then. Thanks for the plug! Ron if you see this, can you comment at it in anyway?

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Not the first time I've heard this. First heard it from my buddy whose tuned by adam. Looking forward to this and adam seems to be at the forefront of performance for our cars see as no one specializes in them. Everyone seems to favor the focus.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #11
Not the first time I've heard this. First heard it from my buddy whose tuned by adam. Looking forward to this and adam seems to be at the forefront of performance for our cars see as no one specializes in them. Everyone seems to favor the focus.

Agreed, and that’s also cool to hear. As for the focus I’m sure it’s because with less initial work it can be had for much greater gains. Power isn’t everything though... I think our ratios and scale provides a much better platform. Maybe I’m bias who knows. I do know that I’ve pulled on a few FoSTs... from a dig and roll. That’s proof enough for me.

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
I like that I've invested maybe 1500 in suspension and supports and I can basically turn the car on it's head and it just goes through the turn very steep and maintains the speed. It feels like the car is standing on its front tire in whichever direction I turn. It handles beautifully.

evodna2020

Correct.... that’s why I’m asking for more information. I’ve emailed Brian Crower to see if he is willing to chew on the idea of a kit for this motor. He does make them for the 2.0l so i don’t think it’s a stretch. I believe a custom crank is all that would be needed primarily. Can source rod lengths myself for order. Crank will be hardest part if no one is willing to make a kit. If we ask, people make... if there’s a demand or market it can/will be done.
Or honestly sleeve the block and do a longer rod and use oversized pistons make sure u raise the wrist pin of the con rod on the piston just remember if it's say a 6mm height difference on the new rod it's only 3mm on the piston bcuz of the rotation it'd be 3mm on top and 3mm on bottom stroke equals 6mm total.. that'll raise ur displacement some by overboring and the long rod increases Rev limit and there fore more hp increase and less stress on the rod as well less side to side forces