Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

100 octane?

Anybody run a 100 octane mix with 91? How was it? Im going to the drag strip on Friday and want to surprise the couple of FOST that are coming with [driving]

OP
H
Thread Starter #3
Maybe use 2 gal of E85 if you can. $6 for 2 gal. 100oct is $10 a gal here in Fla.
There both at the same gas station im sure the E85 is cheaper 100 oct is like 8 bucks a gallon. What do you think the mix should be if i got like a half tank of 91?

OP
H
Thread Starter #6
Personally my car loves E30-E50. Until today... It was not happy today at all.
Yeah im running cobb stage 1 91oct untill i mix it then im gonna try the 93oct its not that hot here in vegas at the moment friday (the day i go to the drag strip) its suppose to be cooler

OP
H
Thread Starter #8
So what am I looking for Razor? Im kinda confused on the chart what would be the best mix for a night at the drag strip?

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
http://www.intercepteft.com/calc.html

This may help figure out also if you have a smart phone you can dbl chk at the pump to make sure you get the right or close to the right mix..
Razor is it better to error high on E85 or low staying closer to non ethanol gas? like mix and get a E36 or a E43 when shoot for a E40 mix ??

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Lol. I was wondering if anyone would catch that. My daughter saw it and said, "why is it spelled like that?".

razorlab

1000 Post Club
http://www.intercepteft.com/calc.html

This may help figure out also if you have a smart phone you can dbl chk at the pump to make sure you get the right or close to the right mix..
Razor is it better to error high on E85 or low staying closer to non ethanol gas? like mix and get a E36 or a E43 when shoot for a E40 mix ??
Better to error on the high side but honestly no good tuner should be tuning to the bleeding edge of Ethanol mixes to make a +/- 5% in Ethanol percentage change a big deal.

OP
H
Thread Starter #14
Better to error on the high side but honestly no good tuner should be tuning to the bleeding edge of Ethanol mixes to make a +/- 5% in Ethanol percentage change a big deal.
Razor have you run a e85 mix? Is it gonna be safe with the the 91 or the 93 stage 1 tune?