Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

'14 ST issues

Hey everyone...

I had my car stored for 4 months and I'd like to mention one small issue I had that went away after driving for a few 100 kms and other issues after.

Before storage I had no problems except for a small clunk noise coming from the back which I came to the conclusion is a full tank of gas moving around when driving slow in parking lots with speed bumps and/or pot holes.

The car started up with no issues at all after four months of chilling indoors. Right away I noticed the breaks making funny warped sounds. After a few 100 kms breaks were totally fine like brand new.

Afterwards I noticed an issue with my hatch. It seems to get stuck on the way up and you have to wait to get it fully open, very odd I must say. You think I need to oil that up or something?

Couple weeks ago I park up at my friends apartment building and some dude reversed in to my back door. After a few quotes from body shops they said they can make it look new for $550 (the cheapest quote, others wanted $900+).

Another issue I have is when I drive around at slower speeds taking turns or going up a ramp slowly I hear what sounds like to me as the rear hatch door or rear doors or something to do with the frame making a squeeky noise. That's annoying me quite a bit. I even asked Ford about it when I got my oil change and they told me not to worry about it, just turn up the radio in my car. LOL.

Last but not least. I'm hearing this buzzing sound coming from behind the MFT. Kinda like a fan that's extra loud. Any of you guys noticed any excessive noise coming from behind the dash closer to the MFT screen?

That's it for my update for now :)

JPGC

2000 Post Club
I also have a few rattles and squeaks from time to time, but they don't bother me as I have learned to tolerate certain noises that I feel aren't a major issue with the car. Every car that I have had within the $20k to $35k price range has been this way. If you feel that it is an issue with the car, definitely keep taking it to Ford to get them fixed. I will say that I'm not a big fan of letting a car sit for a long time without driving, though I know that you can't help it sometimes. From my experience, every time I let a car sit for a long time, I start to develop issues like yours and then some others. As far as your breaks, they probably just had a layer of rust/ corrosion on them which wore off as you were driving.

Hey everyone...

I had my car stored for 4 months and I'd like to mention one small issue I had that went away after driving for a few 100 kms and other issues after.

Before storage I had no problems except for a small clunk noise coming from the back which I came to the conclusion is a full tank of gas moving around when driving slow in parking lots with speed bumps and/or pot holes.

The car started up with no issues at all after four months of chilling indoors. Right away I noticed the breaks making funny warped sounds. After a few 100 kms breaks were totally fine like brand new.

Afterwards I noticed an issue with my hatch. It seems to get stuck on the way up and you have to wait to get it fully open, very odd I must say. You think I need to oil that up or something?

Couple weeks ago I park up at my friends apartment building and some dude reversed in to my back door. After a few quotes from body shops they said they can make it look new for $550 (the cheapest quote, others wanted $900+).

Another issue I have is when I drive around at slower speeds taking turns or going up a ramp slowly I hear what sounds like to me as the rear hatch door or rear doors or something to do with the frame making a squeeky noise. That's annoying me quite a bit. I even asked Ford about it when I got my oil change and they told me not to worry about it, just turn up the radio in my car. LOL.

Last but not least. I'm hearing this buzzing sound coming from behind the MFT. Kinda like a fan that's extra loud. Any of you guys noticed any excessive noise coming from behind the dash closer to the MFT screen?

That's it for my update for now :)
We don't currently have a Canadian Rep on this forum, but I can send some info over to her to look into this. Please message me your VIN, odometer reading, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location.

Meagan

OP
A
Thread Starter #5
I also have a few rattles and squeaks from time to time, but they don't bother me as I have learned to tolerate certain noises that I feel aren't a major issue with the car. Every car that I have had within the $20k to $35k price range has been this way. If you feel that it is an issue with the car, definitely keep taking it to Ford to get them fixed. I will say that I'm not a big fan of letting a car sit for a long time without driving, though I know that you can't help it sometimes. From my experience, every time I let a car sit for a long time, I start to develop issues like yours and then some others. As far as your breaks, they probably just had a layer of rust/ corrosion on them which wore off as you were driving.
Before my ST I had the SE and I had so many problems with it, like engine light and wrench light coming on from about I think it was 20,000km or so. I took the car in several times, they changed the throttle body, gas peddle, some pigtail cables and never found the issue. Service manager told me it's okay not to worry he's had many cars come in with engine light issues and nothing was wrong, it's just some sensor fault blah blah blah. I even called Ford 800 number and spoke with a few people there, not helpful at all, they were telling me Ford dealerships are privately owned and they can't do anything about it so I was out of luck. Basically I lost about $10,000 on my SE. I love Ford so that's why I buy their cars, but their customer service sucks on all levels AFTER you sign on the dotted line. I even had the service manager tell me they sell $60,000 cars and I'm complaining about a base model fiesta?

My point: There is no point taking the car in to the dealer because 1) they will beat around the bush the whole time 2) most people don't care 3) it's Ford

When you know the GM, sales manager, service manager, half the service advisers and shop foreman with a few mechanics on a first name basis, you know your car was a lemon :-(

OP
A
Thread Starter #6
Oh I forgot to mention another issue. The moonroof. When I go through a car wash I get a small mist-like leak coming in from my moonroof. It looks like there is an issue with the seal. OH BOY! I'd prefer to drive the car than spend time in the shop. Anyone else notice any leaks from the moonroof?