Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

14’ Tuxedo Black | TURDBO BUILD

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #281
Broke my passenger side motor mount center bolt, sheered right through and sent the motor real good back into my firewall. In this event my passenger CV inner boot tore and clamp flew off by slamming into the passenger side hub/knuckle assembly. Sent a big ol mess of grease all over the car. I took apart my cowl and inspected the intake and surrounding. The lower cowl kinda got crushed by intake and the intake took a little abuse as well. Will be needing to take the intake and inlet elbow off to clean everything. I ordered up a new Damond motor sports passenger side motor mount and new passenger side CV shaft + some Motul 300 fluid for a gear box fluid change.

0BEFF79E-D5D9-4764-BD2A-66337E72655A.jpeg 484CFBFE-66DD-492E-8954-24DD8BDC43DC.jpeg 0A64860E-4241-40E6-B04E-DCF7C25101AB.jpeg

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #283
That looks nasty but look at the bright side, that part of the car is now rust proofed.:rolleyes:
Haha! You’re totally right, I wish it was that easy! It’s going to be a nice clean up session once I get under there on Thursday.

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #284
Got half the repair goods yesterday... drained my gear box, removed all turbo ducting and intake, removed passenger side axle, permanently deleted my catch can because it was getting eaten by my alternator. Half assed cleaned everything I could. Noticed my intake was sitting too high in the cowl and also hitting the VVT solenoid connector... had to cut another 1/4” off the 2J to reduce its height. Got it cleaned up, everything now fits much better. The old motor mount definitely sheered the bolt. New Damond motor mount looks great and hopefully works just as well... hoping not too much false knock from the mount to piss off my tuner. Headed home now to throw in the new axle and fingers crossed once I drive nothing else shows it’s face.

D99CA886-ABE1-40CA-A1B3-6AD1C1EEE650.jpeg 4A08E8FB-158C-4047-A176-7F2D270A1E12.jpeg EDD51707-5B51-476A-B282-19D157ADC136.jpeg 470CDC13-EB01-4344-9BC4-1EB1A4C949F9.jpeg B32FB9EF-7D92-4D68-BE58-BD5E6CC856AF.jpeg 812DFC5A-93B2-4D1C-BB21-A5D9E4B5AE9C.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #286
You did not HEAR that catch can being ground down? [crazyeye]

Let us know how the Damond mount works out (NVH levels, etc.). [thumb]
It’s honestly hard to say what noise is what! The cars pretty loud and other things were broken so likely miss identified that noise. I tried to remedy it with some worm clamps to hold it up once, but no dice... I’ll just junk it. Probably don’t need it now with aux fuel anyways. I’ll certainly keep you all posted about the motor mount... it seems promising, but I have nothing to compare it to other than stock.

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #292
Damond claims that this mount addresses the engine assembly's torqueing motions/forces in the same direction/plane in which they are occurring. [dunno] [wink]
I’ll tell you what though, my little fiesta turned into a train after putting this thing in lol. It vibrates pretty beastly now. Sunroof shakes, car jiggles at idle. It certainly plants the wheels though and the car feels much more concrete and responsive. I like it! It does have a break in period so it may mellow out some, but it’s definitely not a stock comfort level mount. I don’t know what other aftermarket mounts feel like, so I can’t compare... I’d imagine most of them would vibrate about this much I suppose. Feels more racecar to me now though haha, I don’t mind it at all.

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #294
Great build! Of course I discover the Damond PMM after I order a new bolt and the Powerflex inserts :oops:.
Thank you! And from what I take it you’ve actually equipped the appropriate setup. Apparently these type of mounts produce phantom/false knock in cyl 1 because of the added NVH and they give your tuner a hard time because the motor wants to pull timing. You sir, have a solid mount setup and there’s nothing to worry about!

Thank you! And from what I take it you’ve actually equipped the appropriate setup. Apparently these type of mounts produce phantom/false knock in cyl 1 because of the added NVH and they give your tuner a hard time because the motor wants to pull timing. You sir, have a solid mount setup and there’s nothing to worry about!
I've been having some issues with this, definitely an issue once you start stiffening things up, lol.

Ahh shoot, I already ordered it :LOL:, may just shelve it for now I suppose, don't wanna deal with those issues.

Ahh shoot, I already ordered it :LOL:, may just shelve it for now I suppose, don't wanna deal with those issues.
You shouldn't have any problems unless you're pushing big numbers. My tuner told me it was only an issue with high power Fiestas. I don't have any issues on my pump gas tune, but occasionally have false knock on ethanol.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Does even the EPDM bushed Vibra-Technics 'fast road' passenger side mount induce this false knock?
(This is the first I am hearing about this, and if this is the case, stay FAR FAR away from any heim-jointed/rod-ended/spherical bearing front coil over setups, as they knock like jack hammers over anything other than glass smooth surfaces!)

Does even the EPDM bushed Vibra-Technics 'fast road' passenger side mount induce this false knock?
(This is the first I am hearing about this, and if this is the case, stay FAR FAR away from any heim-jointed/rod-ended/spherical bearing front coil over setups, as they knock like jack hammers over anything other than glass smooth surfaces!)
I recently had weird ignition corrections, sent logs to Adam and he determined it was false knock due to the vibra technics fast road mounts.
He said he'd only seen it in high hp applications though, I'd assume that's due to pushing the motor harder and introducing more vibration etc.

I also have solid mounts in my new control arms, it's not that bad honestly, even on 7k front 5k rear MeisterR's with the spherical pillowball mounts they come with. The front bushing of the LCA is a really stiff clear-ish poly of some sort, and the rear part is a solid hour-glass shaped steel piece.

@xxiaze

Any more updates with the G25-550 yet? I recently talked with my tuner and told him I want to make more power. I asked him if I should go to a Xona Rotor 4951, or G25-550. He just told me to build my motor first. I'd really like to make ~425-450.