Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

14’ Tuxedo Black | TURDBO BUILD

Put the plastic wrap on the paint itself inside the can. When the plastic wrap makes contact with the paint itself, that part is sealed from air. Then of course make the can is sealed as well.

this car will be insane, but just having that beautiful turbo setup sitting on the shelf for so long would drive me crazy. My mrx setup was delivered at 10 in the morning, I had the stock turbo off by noon the same day!

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #207
this car will be insane, but just having that beautiful turbo setup sitting on the shelf for so long would drive me crazy. My mrx setup was delivered at 10 in the morning, I had the stock turbo off by noon the same day!
Dude! You have no idea lmao 😂 Well maybe you do but yeah it’s torture. I’m a dad of 3 with a home and a wife... single income, construction worker. So I get what I can when I can, kinda within my means. Thank the Lord my wife is chill and supports the cause, but regardless this will take me a while. Will go full send on it even if it takes years... I’m in no particular rush, but def eager! How’s the MRX setup? Do you ever find yourself hungry for more? I’m even worried about that with the G25-550.

Dude! You have no idea lmao 😂 Well maybe you do but yeah it’s torture. I’m a dad of 3 with a home and a wife... single income, construction worker. So I get what I can when I can, kinda within my means. Thank the Lord my wife is chill and supports the cause, but regardless this will take me a while. Will go full send on it even if it takes years... I’m in no particular rush, but def eager! How’s the MRX setup? Do you ever find yourself hungry for more? I’m even worried about that with the G25-550.
I love the mrx, it's a good setup for stock fuel. I'm at 286 wheel on 93, the car is a rocket in third. About wanting more.... I've been pricing out short blocks and that g25-550 setup myself. I want to be around 410-430whp in a year or so. It's just too much fun

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #209
I love the mrx, it's a good setup for stock fuel. I'm at 286 wheel on 93, the car is a rocket in third. About wanting more.... I've been pricing out short blocks and that g25-550 setup myself. I want to be around 410-430whp in a year or so. It's just too much fun
I totally respect that! Also good to hear that setup is a good path for the stock fuel system. I’ve been trying to figure out the most appropriate cost effective way for a block too. Go all out or built lower and reuse head? I dk

I totally respect that! Also good to hear that setup is a good path for the stock fuel system. I’ve been trying to figure out the most appropriate cost effective way for a block too. Go all out or built lower and reuse head? I dk
From what I've seen on mountune's site you can get the mrx short block for $2,700, that's a stock block and crank with forged rods and pistons and a cylinder support system. If you reuse the stock head, that's a basically fully built motor for under $3k including gaskets. That's my tentative plan as of now

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #211
From what I've seen on mountune's site you can get the mrx short block for $2,700, that's a stock block and crank with forged rods and pistons and a cylinder support system. If you reuse the stock head, that's a basically fully built motor for under $3k including gaskets. That's my tentative plan as of now
For sure man, I think that’s an absolutely Logical path to take. I really want ported heads and big nasty cams though too 😍 So that’s something I’ll have to wrestle with later on.

wetwea33

I would stay far away from that shortblock and anything from mountune in general at this point. They have horrid customer service and randy their main tuner jumped ship. Only person I would trust to build a motor at this point would be Adam as well as tuning too as mitch is out of the game now. I've heard nothing but issues from these motors.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #214
I would stay far away from that shortblock and anything from mountune in general at this point. They have horrid customer service and randy their main tuner jumped ship. Only person I would trust to build a motor at this point would be Adam as well as tuning too as mitch is out of the game now. I've heard nothing but issues from these motors.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Good note man, I could see this as fact. Thank you

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #215
Finally got a new push start overlay in a gel version, only place I could find one like this was ordered from Europe. I had a vinyl one for a while but it separated quickly... hopefully this one is stronger. Also threw in some new fog LEDs, I warrantied mine from JDMAstar these are T1 3k 10k lumen. Now at my buddies to throw a new intake on his type R :)

2115017E-FE22-4985-A4EA-496DC1C5DC40.jpeg 2FF1899D-7256-4640-8C92-39573DA08A26.jpeg 9FA23C6E-7912-4A90-BF08-C02825BF5B6A.jpeg

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Did you tell him...Its all a matter of time before you stomp him with the FiST!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #217
Did you tell him...Its all a matter of time before you stomp him with the FiST!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
Oh he already knows! Ha. He’s like let’s go to the track NOW before you’re 6k horsepower and I feel like a tool! His car is beautiful though not gonna lie.

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #218
The Mountune MRX long block is solid as a rock. One thing to consider when building this long block is the oem crankshaft. Building a high hp and high rpm long block has many factors to consider. The MRX long block is a great peice. The only shortcoming is the oem crankshaft which has allowable runout tolerances which are too large and will affect cam operation. I built a MRX long block with a Callies billet crankshaft. This eliminated the runout variation of the oem crankshaft by many thousandths.
Tbh I have heard quite a few issues with both puma and mountune lately. I think I will go with a PWNALL block or an Adam block... but, you’re certainly right about the crank. I totally agree!

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
You heard one problem with Mountune’s long block. That had a lot to do with the install. A MRX long block with a Callies crank built by Mountune is a product I can and will stand by. I’ve gone to 7500 rpm many times to try to blow it up. I don’t beat on it out of the hole but I have tested it at speed many times full bore racing. I have also taken the car to redline in 4th many times at 125+ to try to kill it. It purrs like a kitten. Thanks again Mitch [burnout]
Oh for fucks sake.

It's YOU again - why not another revision of your MRX42069XX name?? Much easier to identify and ignore.

Sorry, xxiaze, back to normal scheduled programming. Definitely keen to see your body kit!!

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #220
A solid wash and wax does wonders! My front bumper is soooo beat though, it looks like it’s been rallied for its existence. Need to get into paint correction, but would prefer to just wrap it and walk away though. Will need to make final choices for body kit color matching. Anyways, just a picture of the car NOT in my gravel driveway lol. Cars are like children, sometimes only parents love the way they look 🥰

F598479E-C6E2-4105-A815-F578A5902F88.jpeg