Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

14’ Tuxedo Black | TURDBO BUILD

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #141
Where do you work on it!? And thanks mate, I was hoping it would look nice. I presumed the crash bar would show a little more, hence painting it red. Not much showed though... oh well. Worked out fine regardless considering the rust needed attention!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Since we have a GESTAPO-like HOA here (with BIG fines for having your hood up, or the car up on a jack/stands at all, even in your own driveway!), and snooty, 'elitist' residents who would NEVER think of getting their hands dirty, acting like their agents, I must work on it in the driveway, while looking over my shoulder, in the middle of weekdays, to try and slip past their spying eyes. [mad] [:(]

Erick_V

I may have to try and shave the rear valence. I hate how dirty it always is lol. I’ve never put thought into pulling the rear bumper. Is it easier than the front?

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #144
Since we have a GESTAPO-like HOA here (with BIG fines for having your hood up, or the car up on a jack/stands at all, even in your own driveway!), and residents acting like their agents, I must work on it in the driveway, while looking over my shoulder, in the middle of weekdays, to try and slip past their spying eyes. [mad] [:(]
Yikes! That sounds awful!

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #145
I may have to try and shave the rear valence. I hate how dirty it always is lol. I’ve never put thought into pulling the rear bumper. Is it easier than the front?
It is very very simple. Jack up the rear, remove 1x 8mm nut from both fender liner areas, remove 1x T25 or so from underneath tailights one on each side... then pry the sides of bumper out of clips on both side. Easy peasy. Grind the valance with a grinding wheel; I used 32 grit gator pad. Can use whatever. It’s time consuming, and very tedious. You need to grind the backside then clean up the honeycomb from the face. I went through, like with the front grille, with an exacto knife and profiled each hole individually. Hope that helps!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yikes! That sounds awful!
IT IS!!

This is my brother's place, and he still has a POS '99 Boxster in the garage, which has not started, or been run for over 6 years, but he refuses to get rid of it for 'sentimental reasons' (it reminds him of back when he had a lot more coin/wealth), despite that it would cost him 20x PLUS what it's even worth in parts to just get it running and inspected, let alone in good running shape/aesthetics.

It is sooo effing ratty (the top/window is all ripped and clear/duct taped up), and leaking everywhere, that the HOA will not even allow him to park it in the street spots at all.

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #147
IT IS!!

This is my brother's place, and he still has a POS '99 Boxster in the garage, which has not started, or been run for over 6 years, but he refuses to get rid of it for 'sentimental reasons' (it reminds him of back when he had a lot more coin/wealth), despite that it would cost him 20x PLUS what it's even worth in parts to just get it running and inspected.
It is sooo effing ratty (the top is all ripped and clear/duct taped up), and leaking everywhere, that the HOA will not even allow him to park it in the street spots at all.
That sounds even more awful! 😂 I feel bad man, I’d say come on over and use the garage anytime. Just light the Porsche on fire and call it good. See what he thinks of it then. I understand the sentiment though... that’s a hard thing to deal with. I am also that kind of guy, but I’ve certainly never had any coin! Momentos are key though. Holding onto what is/was good can be baggage at times. Oh well! Hopefully he sees what it is as garbage soon or decides to fix it up. I say throw it out and wrench on the fiesta!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yeah, I told him he could find a newer one, with all of the upgrades/TSB recalls, etc. 'fixes' already done, for a TENTH or less of what it would co$t him to get this one running!

(He won't go for a used Miata, or a ragtop Vette, etc., I guess not enough 'cachet' or nameplate marque status for him. LOL)

Last edited:
OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #152
It's an unseen gremlin that will eat a lot of these cars when they're older I think. Bit of a shame. I'm very glad I've got my rust prevention under control.
I need to do a lot more... infact I’m not even satisfied with what I did back there. I kinda just wire wheeled it and hit it with some primer to slow it down. I think I’d like to go through the whole car next season and POR-15 everything. The doors are really bad. Might just “need” a new carbon fiber hood ;)

Decided to grind out the rear lower valance honeycomb and remove the weathered/aged plastic or vinyl whatever around the windows today. Bae just started to do the windows which was nice! When I took the bumper off I was SHOCKED to see how horrible the rear crash bar had rusted... I’m pretty sure shouldbeeasy mentioned this too. You where right! So painted the crash bar and touched up some rusty spots on the body while I was at it. Painted the lower center body so wouldn’t see primer through new bumper valance cutouts.

View attachment 33098 View attachment 33100 View attachment 33101 View attachment 33102 View attachment 33109 View attachment 33113 View attachment 33114 View attachment 33115 View attachment 33116 View attachment 33117 View attachment 33118 View attachment 33119 View attachment 33120 View attachment 33121 View attachment 33122 View attachment 33123 View attachment 33124
Can you post a side profile picture of the entire Fiesta? I’m curious to see how it looks without the vinyl sticker trim around the window. So far I’m liking the cropped photos.

The vinyl sticker on mine was pretty weathered and I just spray painted over it last year. I might go your route and just take it off.

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #156
Can you post a side profile picture of the entire Fiesta? I’m curious to see how it looks without the vinyl sticker trim around the window. So far I’m liking the cropped photos.

The vinyl sticker on mine was pretty weathered and I just spray painted over it last year. I might go your route and just take it off.
Yeah for sure, I’ll get to it after work. It’s dark and and just left the shop for the day :) It’s just factory paint underneath it. So yours would just be factory fresh black under there! Mine did, however, have a scuff mark like the factory metal had a blemish that they sanded out. Yours likely will not have that issue, but an imperfection underneath there IS possible. Even with the one scuff mark, it’s still worlds better and an improvement over the nasty stained and faded wrap. I’ll shoot a pic here this evening/afternoon once work day 100% 👍