Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

14’ Tuxedo Black | TURDBO BUILD

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Got the new fuel pump in, but had to trim back the access grommet to accommodate the feed line and AN fittings... hopefully it doesn’t smell too nascar in here now.
View attachment 38630 View attachment 38631 View attachment 38632
Are you running a return style fuel pump system now?

I’m a bit confused by what I’m seeing..

Edit: who makes that fuel pump? Or did you modify it yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #262
Are you running a return style fuel pump system now?

I’m a bit confused by what I’m seeing..

Edit: who makes that fuel pump? Or did you modify it yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s the modified BA pump I ended up sorting out with Patrick thanks to YOUR help. It is set up for a return system if I choose to fit that later yeah. As of now the feed just comes straight out of the pump into 6AN so minimal restriction. Should work out really well. I wanted to keep the external filter and DW pump so this was the final work around to eliminate potential failures that you experienced.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
That’s the modified BA pump I ended up sorting out with Patrick thanks to YOUR help. It is set up for a return system if I choose to fit that later yeah. As of now the feed just comes straight out of the pump into 6AN so minimal restriction. Should work out really well. I wanted to keep the external filter and DW pump so this was the final work around to eliminate potential failures that you experienced.
Oh that's right - forgot we talked about that offline. Will be interested to see when you go the return-style route. Been thinking about doing that. Do you have more photos of the tap for the AN line or the pump? What hose is inside the tank to eliminate the failures we were seeing?

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #264
Oh that's right - forgot we talked about that offline. Will be interested to see when you go the return-style route. Been thinking about doing that. Do you have more photos of the tap for the AN line or the pump? What hose is inside the tank to eliminate the failures we were seeing?
I’ll DM you with more info

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #265
Alright, so just received my plumbing from radium. Got the ethanol sensor plumbed in just past the external fuel filter.. just need to wire it now. That way it’s clean fuel reaching the sensor and closest to motor for accurate temps. It’s not show worthy but it will work. Need to buy a mount for that filter to properly secure it in front of that intake dam.

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #267
Stratified 4 Port all hooked up and wired in... just need those dang alternator spacers to finish it up. Getting that accessory belt on was kinda a PITA, wish I would have bought a passenger motor mount while I was in there and had everything disconnected.

22171B93-BC17-46D7-9DEC-2DCC8786DA8F.jpeg

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #268
Turbos in! Just need to meet with sir Aaron for a boost control solenoid and then have to hook up the rest of the vacuum lines. The 2J intake install was horrendous. I had to cut 3/4” off the pipe and use a coupler + many cuts and bruises trying to muscle it in. That intake definitely would not be recommended for this Peron kit. Everything fit together really well. Thank you so much @Rocketst for all of your guidance. Super helpful.

8B678424-0B33-46D2-9D35-422D1CF67C38.jpeg C4AD71DA-22AA-45FB-9993-749F88D153E4.jpeg
445FA41C-153A-4A00-8114-2EB90EEAB15F.jpeg
85F0A48C-3FE5-46BC-802F-ABC365615E75.jpeg

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #270
All tucked in nice and tight with it's blankie :giggle:
It better sleep now while it can! lol. All honesty though... I wonder how long that blanket will hold up, it was like 30$ Ha. I think I’m most concerned with those carburetor springs that are holding it on. Do those really work? It’s way too tight to get in there with any wire or anything though to secure it. I was going to use some NiChrome 20gauge wire to secure it, but yeah right. Could barely squeeze a finger down there to secure it.

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #273
Got the innovate ethanol gauge wired up and installed. Ended up hooking up the dimmer to headlight power signal, hopefully it all works but haven’t been able to test it because can’t turn car on yet. Did the gauge programming with alligator test leads hooked up to a power wheels battery from my kids toys haha. Fit and finish of the whoosh vent pod pretty solid, just had to trim back the letters a little bit to get the gauge flange to sit all the way down. Looks pretty cool and now I feel good about know the ethanol content, makes me feel safe.
023D7FC2-7BAE-4F73-A614-45F2599A11A0.jpeg

dhminer

2000 Post Club
It better sleep now while it can! lol. All honesty though... I wonder how long that blanket will hold up, it was like 30$ Ha. I think I’m most concerned with those carburetor springs that are holding it on. Do those really work? It’s way too tight to get in there with any wire or anything though to secure it. I was going to use some NiChrome 20gauge wire to secure it, but yeah right. Could barely squeeze a finger down there to secure it.
I have PTP blanket for the g25. PM me your address I’ll send it to you. Was hoping it’d fit my 2860 but no dice.

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #275
Got my new PTP turbo blanket on courtesy of @dhminer, thank you so much friend! You’re the man! Wow, was it challenging to get the blanket secured with safety wire... took some time, but really happy with the fitment and now I don’t feel like the car is going to start on fire. That’s a win. Installed the exhaust midsection that I just got back from a fabricator, as you can see in the photo he chopped off the 2.5” reduction and switched it to a 3” section with a 3” flange to meet the Peron downpipe. Also just finished running all the vacuum and boost lines to my new boost control solenoid, solenoid component courtesy of @TyphoonFiST, thank you so much brother... you’re a life saver! I appreciate you. Plumbed in the 2J intake hoses but ran into another fitment issue with it so ended up ordering a 3/4” 90 degree elbow to resolve the issue. Pretty much done now... major work is all finished just have to do fluids and button everything up. Hopefully running this weekend :)

A8C5E860-25F2-479A-9D05-737D095127E2.jpeg 93D81AAF-127C-40E9-B015-F8BF7B0FAC77.jpeg 3038903A-8F97-4950-AC4A-459544FDA748.jpeg

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #277
Officially back together... installed base map and fired it up. Drove really well. Sounds great! Super excited to get through some tuning and see how it all goes. It’s INCREDIBLY fun as it is now. Cant really imagine what it will be like with aux fuel on and e85. Will be rad. Finished wiring the e85 sensor too since the battery is back in. Was a great day.

20B801A2-198C-447E-A152-E38D9BFD12B0.jpeg D468B05B-20DD-4BE4-A971-26B54537671B.jpeg

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #278
Started tuning process for 93 no aux fuel and did my first log. The graph looked really weird my first pull so I tried another one and it seems much more stable. I’m pretty sure the roads are just garbage here... I’ll have to find somewhere smooth. Guess it’s time to start hunting for the optimal datalog stretch of road. Here’s the first graph and a picture of the car as a daily driver again in my work parking lot. Feels good.

AA0B4F7B-D878-48C1-A18F-819B8EA3F445.jpeg 280FCBCA-D567-4F7A-878D-2BF1D59E80A6.jpeg

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #279
So it’s been kind of an adventure trying to get this into working order. If you look at my last graph I was making 26lb of boost with 0% WGDC on a 14lb spring combo. Boost creep pretty gnarly. So I first tested the boost solenoid for actuation by applying voltage to it, it clicked and was good. Checked voltage at boost solenoid connector, it was good. Went over all plumbing and connections, they are good. I bypassed the solenoid all together and hooked up the compressor housing straight to the wastegate, same boost creeping results. After checking everything over multiple times and finding nothing to be installed improperly I started asking questions to people with similar setups etc. So I got a reasonable answer from a friend, he suggested trying a lighter spring because it normalized the system to be functional for him. So I ordered an 11lb spring and received 16lb boost from it still slightly creeping. My tuner said he could work with that. I also reached out to Peron on the matter and they did tell me to run a lighter spring. Apparently their older systems they shipped with 14lb springs and suggested I run just one of the springs at 7lb. I decided to just stay with my 11lb spring since tuner said it was tunable now. As to what exactly is causing the creep I’m not 100% sure, it’s possibly a small hole in the diaphragm of the wastegate or maybe just the less than ideal 90 degree wastegate placement off the manifold. Regardless, it seems functional now so I’m not trying to get too caught up on it. I’ll send my wastegate to turbosmart over the winter for them to inspect. With that behind me here’s a graph of final revision 4th gear pull on 93 without auxiliary fuel turned on. To me the numbers seem conservative, but it feels really good. Excited to jump into the e85 tuning with auxiliary fuel.

A4AEAC54-EB75-4432-805A-44DE3360F670.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #280
Hey, guess what? I’m an idiot... as usual. I went to change my plugs to some new pre-gapped from tune+ and in the event of doing so as I was removing my plug #4 it came out SUPER hard, like big time cross threaded feeling. Yeah, started to sweat a little “good job dumb ass you ruined the head” Anyways, got the plug all the way out and it was just totally covered in carbon and metal shaving dust. The threads were melted and welded together, and the coil boot was also covered in carbon and metal dust. Plug colors all looked fine, but certainly plug 4 was beat up! I didn’t know what any of this meant so I sent a video of it to Adam, he informed me it was undertorqued and never seated on the head fully. Okay great, so I went through all my 93 tuning with some half assed plugs. I’ve also been having weird knock issues with e85 that are currently trying to be tuned out. I’m not sure if this has/had anything to do with it. I threaded in an old plug into that cyl and it, fortunately, threaded in just fine and all the new plugs torqued comfortably to 13lb/ft... lesson learned, use the proper spark plug socket for torquing these motors!! I used the wrong tools before and I think the torque didn’t apply properly leaving the plug undertorqued.

4106D80F-4D9A-4BCE-BFDE-2A26CCFF3DA8.jpeg 18F9DEFC-1523-4CEC-B0B4-8DE940DD6E5A.jpeg