Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FS 15x8 KE Pros 225/45R15 Accelera Sport Xtra(100tw)

Trader history for kevinatfms (0)

Wish I had another set of the same wheels to test back to back but I highly doubt it'd be faster, the recommended max width for a 205 is 7.5". Also the cost savings is negligible a 245-40-15 falkens is like $165 a pop.
I was talking the savings between 205/50 and 225/45. If they are lapping the same times why spend more on a 225?

hawyee

Active Duty U.S. Air Force
I tracked my car Tuesday and compete at national autocross events lol, do what works for you but I'll stick with the 245/225 setup to get power to the ground especially for autox. Probably will try to get a 15x9 up front at some point with custom Braids. Also if you're concerned about a $20 price difference with a tire motorsports probably isn't for you

hawyee

I mean this in the most respectful way, but my streets of willow time is one second off yours with less horsepower, less brakes, less suspension and less tire)
Yeah that's a good time! Not discrediting your achievements but it was also my first time there with absolutely cooked tires (cording), had lots of overheating and brake issues and was still stock suspension, I'd be well under the 30s if I went back now. It's also largely a momentum track so the extra power doesn't add a whole lot besides inner tire wheel spin on the former open diff. Keep sending it!

I tracked my car Tuesday and compete at national autocross events lol, do what works for you but I'll stick with the 245/225 setup to get power to the ground especially for autox. Probably will try to get a 15x9 up front at some point with custom Braids. Also if you're concerned about a $20 price difference with a tire motorsports probably isn't for you
There was a now long gone member on here (RAAMaudio) who did 15x9s, (I think maybe even square? [dunno]), without flares, but he did do the 4x100 hub re-drill in order to find the wheels he wanted in that size, in an offset that would work without said flares.

Yeah can't redrill hubs unfortunately for scca street touring rules, so basically the only option is custom.
Yeah, I forgot you mentioned competing in autocross as well.

RAAMaudio only did open tracking with his modded FiST.

IF you have not looked at the price$$ yet for those custom drilled/offset Braids, take a sedative before you do!

Yeah, TOTALLY out of control. [ohcrap]

hawyee

~$900 each but at least they're insanely strong and I'd only need two haha, definitely steep but similar to Volk/BBS pricing for other cars.

Well no, its not. I'm just autoxing like twice a year for the hell of it. I got a family to spend time with and support financially haha. Only only point its I'm sticking with 15x8 because its turn key on stock set up, so if I want the best times and want to save some money, going up a size seems dumb if it yields the same results. That's just my situation.