Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

17x7 ET25

Hi guys , I would like install wheels 17 x 7 and ET25 , stock tires ( RE050A ) , not lowered.
will they work ? thanks

OP
M
Thread Starter #3
yes but ET stock is 47 , this is 25 , do you remain inside the body ?

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I would not use that offset, stick closer to the stock spec but even with +35 the car will handle better.

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
If you don't plan on tracking your car, then those wheels will fit fine. They will be flush with the wheel wells. Not ideal for track or auto cross, but for daily driving it is fine and will fit flush. I've driven with 0 et rims on 2 Miatas I had in the past with no issues. You will be fine and they will fit.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
ET25 is not going to work very well with 7" wheels and OEM tires. I've seen 8" ET35 wheels work with OEM tires, but that mounts the center of the tire 1/2' further inboard. It's not the wheel that you're going to have to worry about, it will be the tire catching your fender that gives you the problem.

OP
M
Thread Starter #7
Thanks guys , no I don' t go to the track with these wheels
But with a sporty driving I could touch the fender with OEM suspension and springs ?

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
Personally is mint think your touch. I have 7 1/2" wide wheels with an et 40 offset on stock tites and lowered and I never rubbed. I now have 215/40/17 tires and will only rub on a big dip in the road and only slightly.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I advise looking up up scrub radius and learn why it is best to not go to negative on offset.
Good idea to also consider the added load on the bearings and the rest of the suspension.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Sorry. It was a misprint. I was trying to say on my Car with wider wheels and lower offset, my tires never rubbed.
You're also not looking at the full picture when it comes to a wheel/tire combo. The exact same tire on your wheel specs versus what the OP is asking about are significantly different. Not only does his wheel face sit 8.6mm further outboard, the tire itself will sit another 6.4mm outboard due to the center-point difference. You said that your tires will rub in a big dip in the road and only slightly, but now imagine running a 10mm spacer (accounting for your wider tire) on your current setup and you will have a better idea of where the tire would be sitting on the wheel that the OP is inquiring about.

There are some variables unaccounted for or generalized in this sort of math comparison, but there are enough to know it's not a good idea. It's not going to cause automatic damage and the OP might never run into an issue, but the one time he has his wheel turned and goes over a significant-enough incline to only load one corner of the suspension (such as turning into a driveway from the street) and catches his tire on the fender...well, we call it bacon-fenders. Many low-offset wheels can be run if someone is cautious enough and willing to go slowly enough, but they need to be very aware of exactly where their tire sits in order to make it work and that takes a lot of time and experience.

For those inexperienced with wheel/tire fitment, this is one of the better calculators-www.willtheyfit.com.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I agree with Dyn, one has to take many things into account.

A noted on dozens of threads, tire specs are not the sidewall specs, a 205 can be very wide or narrow, same for a 215, 225, etc....one has to look at diameter and especially section and thread width to get the real specs.

A fitment calculator that does not include that can easily lead one astray if they have close fitment plans, I have not seen one that includes this very important information, they are a great tool for wheel fitment and tires can be figured out with the help of the calculator but that will take added information to really dial it in.