Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

185/55-16 on 16x7 anyone?

I'd like to purchase a set of blizzak ws80's for winters, I recently purchased a set of TD tornados for my winter rims.
185 are closer to stock size and available at a local shop. 195 are much harder to find if at all, and are a good 4% bigger.
It'll be a slight stretch to use the 185 from what I can find online, but very minimal or noticeable, will it affect handling for winter in any way?

Thoughts and suggestions are welcomed, can't find much in the search department.

Thanks

That's a 185/60r13 on 7" for reference.

I'd like to purchase a set of blizzak ws80's for winters, I recently purchased a set of TD tornados for my winter rims.
185 are closer to stock size and available at a local shop. 195 are much harder to find if at all, and are a good 4% bigger.
It'll be a slight stretch to use the 185 from what I can find online, but very minimal or noticeable, will it affect handling for winter in any way?

Thoughts and suggestions are welcomed, can't find much in the search department.

Thanks

That's a 185/60r13 on 7" for reference.
You should be fine with that width. I ran 185 on 6". 185s on this car were perfect all winter.

You may give up some rim protection so if you parallel park a lot keep that in mind. But handling should be a non issue.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Wow, the whole thread is gone.

Not surprised. Why let anyone learn through discussion?

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
And it will stay on topic too .. from what i was reading it wasn't a lot of good info other than more of the same with you guys ...

dyn085

2000 Post Club
And it will stay on topic too .. from what i was reading it wasn't a lot of good info other than more of the same with you guys ...
There was tons of good info from both myself and RAAM, just because we didn't agree didn't make any of the information less pertinent and it doesn't make either one of us 'wrong' or 'correct'. People won't always agree because there is no 'one right way' to do most anything, and removing discussions like that doesn't do a bit of good to any of the people that are actually trying to learn about this platform or automobiles in general.