Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

'19 Fiesta ST mods, plans, opinions (not a build per se)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I am not sure, but I believe that in order to 'unmarry' the AP from a given car (which MUST be done, and shown/proven to have been done in a screen shot pic, in order for the AP to be allowed to be sold on this and other forums) one must pull any tunes from the ECM, and re-install the factory tune.

(That is, unless they went directly, physically to a brick and mortar tuner, and had the tune installed there without any AP of their own, which is HIGHLY UNLIKELY!)

Someone PLEASE correct this if wrong!

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #22
I am not sure, but I believe that in order to 'unmarry' the AP from a given car (which MUST be done, and shown/proven to have been done in a screen shot pic, in order for the AP to be allowed to be sold on this and other forums) one must pull any tunes from the ECM, and re-install the factory tune.

(That is, unless they went directly, physically to a brick and mortar tuner, and had the tune installed there without any AP of their own, which is HIGHLY UNLIKELY!)

Someone PLEASE correct this if wrong!
Tonight will be some more AP homework for me. I'll probably shoot Dizzy tuning a few questions when I purchase the AP and tune from them. Moving quicker than initially planned with the IC already in place!

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #23
Some bling for interior. The dead pedal arrived today. Put some red plastic behind the ST. It's not as good as a solid dead pedal section but protects the carpet and looks nice.

Attachments

Paint correction and ceramic coating will do precisely nothing to protect your paint from stone chips. If your car is not yet full of them, do paint protection film on the hood, mirrors and front bumper if you care about chips. You can also do the front half of the front fenders.

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #25
Paint correction and ceramic coating will do precisely nothing to protect your paint from stone chips. If your car is not yet full of them, do paint protection film on the hood, mirrors and front bumper if you care about chips. You can also do the front half of the front fenders.
apex1. I'll ask at the shop if they will incorporate the protection film (and how much). I do care about not getting chips and as it stands there are only 2 little chips on the driver side fender which I touched up with a motorcraft correction pen.

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #27
FSA designs in Colmar?
R/T Tuning (R/T Tinting) in North Wales. My girls brother in law knows one of the guys that works there. He gave them his thumbs up so figured I'd go with his recommendation rather than a random search. They grew up here and I relocated here from N.H. back in '13.

I'm obviously googling FSA Designs now ....

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
They (RT Tuning/Tinting) are actually in Montgomeryville.

I have been there MANY times, had my CP-E exhaust installed there, and they have done my alignment, and mounted and balanced two sets of wheels/tires for me.

There was a complaint about their attempt to install someone's S280 into a FiST, which they botched, supposedly badly, and they will not even attempt to tune these cars.

But that does not necessarily reflect their competence in application of coatings, protection film applications, etc. [wink]

apex1. I'll ask at the shop if they will incorporate the protection film (and how much). I do care about not getting chips and as it stands there are only 2 little chips on the driver side fender which I touched up with a motorcraft correction pen.
I had my 2017 done when I bought it 3 years ago and it cost just shy of $1000 for the hood, front bumper, mirrors and half fenders. If money is an issue (it always is for me), I would skip the paint correction and ceramic and use the money for the film.

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #30
I had my 2017 done when I bought it 3 years ago and it cost just shy of $1000 for the hood, front bumper, mirrors and half fenders. If money is an issue (it always is for me), I would skip the paint correction and ceramic and use the money for the film.
So looks like I'll do the ppf. Looking for an installer that does xpel stuff.

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #31
So mountune short shift and whoosh street rmm ordered today from whoosh.

Access port with dizzy flash tune bundle also ordered today. Grabbed the pregapped plugs from dizzy too. I've read many varying opinions on them but went with "if the tuner recommends will do it". Don't have the s/n for the ap to complete the tuning form. Excited for these goodies to arrive.

St200 box still on deck, have to space it out a little though.

Brianmc27

So mountune short shift and whoosh street rmm ordered today from whoosh.

Access port with dizzy flash tune bundle also ordered today. Don't have the s/n for the ap to complete the tuning form. Excited for these goodies to arrive.

St200 box still on deck, have to space it out a little though.
I wouldn’t bother with the intake, to be honest. Your money is better spent on solid bushings, bracing, etc... get a drop in if you feel so inclined

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #33
I wouldn’t bother with the intake, to be honest. Your money is better spent on solid bushings, bracing, etc... get a drop in if you feel so inclined
Have an afe dry panel in the stock box currently.

I did want to do the pierce 2 point rear torsion and the front 2 pt as well. I watched the one YouTuber that posts here and he recommended the 6 pt but for my driving I would think the 2 pt should be sufficient.

Brianmc27

Have an afe dry panel in the stock box currently.

I did want to do the pierce 2 point rear torsion and the front 2 pt as well. I watched the one YouTuber that posts here and he recommended the 6 pt but for my driving I would think the 2 pt should be sufficient.
I have the pierce front 2-point and the motor mount inserts. I think the motor mount inserts are a fantastic bang-for-buck upgrade.

I don’t have the rear torsion, but I don’t know how big a difference it would make for daily hooning.

Have a good general idea of where I am taking this but would love the chance to bounce my thoughts off others. Meanwhile, yes, I have been reading everything I can find on here and watching on youtube. Below are the main upgrades planned in bold and my thoughts for each.

- Tune - Dizzy stage 2 93 tune (E85 not really a thing near me that I'm aware of unfortunately) If you have a DIzzy 93 stage 2 How would you compare vs. stock?

- Intercooler - like the idea of mountune direct fit but having read lots of intercooler threads, could I squeeze a MAP or CPe or even Cobb in without plastics trimming? The latter 3 seem to provide more volume which I am guessing quicker cooling potential. I haven't seen the MAP construction i.e. bar/tube etc. but can email and find out.

- BOV - thinking T.S. EM VR2 (whoosh symposer delete already done) like the idea of the plug and play T.S. and forgive me but LOVE bov noise

- RMM - going with whoosh street spec

- Intake - aFe dry panel (in stock box atm) def getting the st200 box/snorkel

- Exhaust - stock for now maybe a Cobb catback when all of the above is accomplished

-Short shift - read that the mountune short shift has a nicer feel than the other styles (from a thread on here I believe a member Typhoon described it)

- Paint protection - having it ceramic coated with the works as far as wash and prep want to see what they recommend but the Ethos graphene reviews have caught my attention

Having touched on decisions still being made, I've totally bought some bling shift knob, red Power ignition, ebrake chrome, diode dynamics interior leds, dead pedal, FiesTa debadge, stubby antenna..
Also grabbed Ravenol MTF-2 for gear box
Filled with shell nitro v power (only filled it once so far since I bought it) this is not a daily but a 2nd car I bought for fun. current mileage 17540.

Up until this car my cars have just been reliable, practical transportation '13 Focus Ti once I got the DCT squared away cars been bomb proof. So not well versed on good better best with fuel and what not. Anyhow I'm excited and waiting on more funds to throw at something and welcome any and all feedback! (If you feel like it)

I'm very interested to hear your thoughts about dizzy 93 stage 2 tune. There seems to be ALOT more E30 and or 91 tunes with thread discussion. I'll keep digging.

I wouldn't do the BOV VR2 from Turbosmart. I did and it has given me problems, it requires internal lubrication every now and then. Went back to OEM after it didn't withstand more than 15 psi. It just went wide open.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I wouldn't do the BOV VR2 from Turbosmart. I did and it has given me problems, it requires internal lubrication every now and then. Went back to OEM after it didn't withstand more than 15 psi. It just went wide open.
I have had one installed since December of 2018 no problems zero.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #39
So finally got my plugs in today (car already had same ones and they looked pretty fresh I think). Decided to torque as stated on whoosh's site 10 ft/lbs, felt a little weak but I rolled with it. Dropped the Dizzy stage 2 93 tune on. I am impressed! Car came alive compared to before. I still need to get my gauges set up properly - have boost, charge air temp, OAR forget the last one (4 up atm). I picked off of Jason's list of what to data log once I get a few miles on it. Mostly took it easy on it just to see how it does 12 miles so far. Need to get an accessport holder though, cant use that sticky it came with. Want to find that extended suction cup one that I've seen come off the small triangular window on a few threads here. Mountune shortshift goes in tomorrow. RMM is backordered but Ron said should ship next week. Decided to also get the TS symposer BOV kit from whoosh rather than the TS EM VR2 but that will be next month.

For anyone running the same sort of set up I am curious what Cobb TC setting you chose for default? I chose 4 because I had no clue what would be a good middle ground on stock rubber.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Wow that is cheap for a full hood job. I wish you could get it for that here. lol