Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

'19 Fiesta ST mods, plans, opinions (not a build per se)

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Going to try and get a weight today. I thought the girlfriend had one but it got tossed a while back apparently. Hoping to find a simple scale at Home Depot.

Question to anybody if you are running 200tw tires, do you store those indoors through the winter? I was reading that at low temps the rubber crystallizes and can damage the tire. I store the car during the winter but not in a temp controlled garage. Was thinking Ill need to swap the OEM wheels/tires on when I stick it into storage and keep the OZ/Direzza inside.
ya it actually turns out Dekagrams are 14.8 so there is a 2.6 pound difference. 200TW tires can and do dry out. So ya store indoors in your climate. Leaving them outside would not do you or them any favors. ;)

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #104
Got ahead of myself on signature information... looks like the Direzza ZIII is backordered until 5/10. Tire Rack shows 4/23 so I bought them and then they called to confirm it would be May 10th before they shipped. The wheels got ceramic coating done just waiting for my rubber to show up. Hopefully my Thermal will be here by then and can get it and the tires mounted at the same time. I cant wait to pull it all together and get some good pics.

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #106
Did RT Tuning do the ceramic coating on the wheels?
I actually used a place in warminster called Menard's Premium detailing. I went all out with a level 3 ceramic and full front ppf. They also tinted everything but the windshield. I think I still want a 70% on the windshield mostly for the UV and heat come summer.

Ill get a few pics in a bit but its pretty dreary out right now.

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #107
I'm not good at photos but some quick shots. Will have to do it again when the wheels are on

Attachments

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I actually used a place in warminster called Menard's Premium detailing. I went all out with a level 3 ceramic and full front ppf. They also tinted everything but the windshield. I think I still want a 70% on the windshield mostly for the UV and heat come summer.

Ill get a few pics in a bit but its pretty dreary out right now.
I will have to check them out.
I now regret not doing the whole front PPF thing right from delivery, even though everyone says it will not fully protect against stone chips (of which I have a bunch [:(])

The Harbor Freight in Warminster is finally opening up today, so that's a couple of reasons for me to head down there.

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #109
I will have to check them out.
I now regret not doing the whole front PPF thing right from delivery, even though everyone says it will not fully protect against stone chips (of which I have a bunch [:(])

The Harbor Freight in Warminster is finally opening up today, so that's a couple of reasons for me to head down there.
You never cease to learn me something useful. Now I wont have to drive up to Quakertown.

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #111
So my E85 tested at 74%. Went with 3.9 gallons and topped of with shell 93. Probably still less than 50 miles with the E30 tune. My afr is hanging around low 13.s dropping into the 12.90s. My oar is beautiful at -1.00. Also boost has been getting lower highs. Used to see 25.8 -26, since putting symposer bov lost a bit and dropped about 1 more psi since the E30. I think the ecu may still be learning, has some of that surge I noticed when I first loaded the 93 tune.

Pictured to the left was last night off throttle.

edit* - its also possible I am letting off a bit as this thing is definitely quicker than on the 93 tune, no matter what the boost numbers say. Pretty sure this will "ask for XX torque" and may not require as much boost to get "xx torque"

Eventually will datalog, maybe this weekend.

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #113
Is that E85 from that North Lansdale/Hatfield Wawa, where JDG gets his corn likker?
Yeah that one you told me about. So far its the only one that exists. Figure my focus is a flex so i drive it over fill up a vp can and fill up the focus too. Goin for 200k focus lol

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #114
Hoping to get a few more miles on this weekend and see if the AFR settles closer to 14. I read a thread about AFR but honestly it was slightly above my pay grade.

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #115
Just to keep this up to date. Doing a custom tune through Tune+. Data logs sent in last night and 1st revision received today. Loaded revised tune, putting 40ish easy miles before next set of logs. It pulls super strong and seems to be broader and more linear than previous tune. Of course last one was a flash and this is custom. Thermal shipped yesterday. Finally making an appt to have wheels, tires and exhaust put on. Want to enjoy the car some more and take a break from mods. Still thinking Hybrid by next summer.

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #116
Rather than start a separate thread, going to the 7.5 width wheel and 215 width tire (Direzza) would you start at the factory pressure for street driving? I feel like the pressures would probably need to be different. What do you guys with wider wheels and tires fill the tires to?

Mikey456

I did not know that the OZ wheels came in 7.5 inch wide 17 inch wheel. Is it a new model? Also did you get your tires from Tire Rack? It will take me a month till I get those tires. How long did it take for you to get the tires. Looks good by the way [emoji106]

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #120
I did not know that the OZ wheels came in 7.5 inch wide 17 inch wheel. Is it a new model? Also did you get your tires from Tire Rack? It will take me a month till I get those tires. How long did it take for you to get the tires. Looks good by the way [emoji106]
I am not sure when they came out but I think there were some non english youtube vids from 2016ish maybe? Called Formula HLT which is their flow form tech. Only way I could find to get them was to import from UK/Europe. They come with their own kit of aluminum rings, lugs and supposed to come with a spline key but of course mine wasnt included ha! The process made my wheel/tire foo pretty resilient. Tires lol. Yeah I ordered them back in April and they were delayed for about a month or so. Yes I ordered them from Tire Rack. It delayed things but I am very happy with them so far. Its not a daily so the delay just made em that much sweeter. I must say Tire Rack was able to actually speed things up after I called them and had them change the warehouse they were using to ship them to me.