Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2.3l swap??

this may be the wrong area to post, but has anyone swapped in the 2.3 from the mustang in a fist?? im curious about trying because it looks like it should fit, albeit very tightly...

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
this may be the wrong area to post, but has anyone swapped in the 2.3 from the mustang in a fist?? im curious about trying because it looks like it should fit, albeit very tightly...
No but you should try and make a How to thread! You have christened yourself the guinea pig!

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I believe you would have trouble using a Mustang 2.3L primarily because it is RWD.
You might pick a 2.3L from a different model.

OP
notaustin
Thread Starter #4
I believe you would have trouble using a Mustang 2.3L primarily because it is RWD.
You might pick a 2.3L from a different model.
its the same block as the focus rs, so it should work fine

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
its the same block as the focus rs, so it should work fine
Its similar to the Focus RS, not the same.

Also someone in the UK has swapped their Fiesta with a 2.0 from a Focus. You use the entire Focus drivetrain, I doubt there would be room for the AWD trans, so you could bolt it up to the ST trans and use that as a FWD. Mounts were custom built, he used a stand alone engine management system (but I am sure you could use the FoST ECU if you used the right harness), axles were a combo of Focus and Fiesta parts. I'm sure Rebel Devil in Indiana (?) would be more than willing to fit it up for you. He offered to put a 2.0 in mine but ultimately putting a bigger turbo on was cheaper haha.

DAW

Not worth the money and still have FWD. you would spend more doing that with the STOCK 2.3 and have less power then if you just went full bolt on,big turbo, fuel system upgrades and proper tuning on the factory 1.6. Just sayin..

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Get a 2.3 from a 03-04 fucos then turbo that some bitch! There are all regular transverse mounted.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Honestly, these days, just go buy a 2.3 EB Mustang. The new one has a 330hp option from the RS block and a slightly larger turbo. Plus you'd actually be able to put the power to the ground and wouldn't have constant gremlins like these kind of projects tend to produce.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Get a 2.3 from a 03-04 fucos then turbo that some bitch! There are all regular transverse mounted.

Wont bolt up to our transmission. Also the duratec 2.3 is a time bomb in N/A form, let alone a turbo.
Remember how the early mazdaspeed 3 loves eating engines? Same block and rods.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
242k on mine with mods. Id say they are pretty stout. I drove the crap out of that car, hard. They make 250whp on 7 to 8 psi.